FW 13 - Hiwatt Clean(ish) with OH UltraRes 4x12 Fane IR

This is what I was hearing then. Awesome!

We all said the same thing during beta test. The only conclusion we could come to was that the increased resolution in the bass and mids gives the illusion that the high end is clearer.

I've actually been giving some thought to this over the last week because I'm a bit perplexed about the whole thing. I think the problem with traditional IRs is that the bass and mids get "cluttered" due to formant smearing. UltraRes gets rid of this smearing resulting in overall clearer tone.

Now I feel the need to investigate that Hiwatt... Never gave it much attention but the cleans in the early part if that clip are brilliant!

Here is the patch:

Axe-Change - Download Preset - FW 13 - Hiwatt Bright Clean - by Variable

What I've been finding more and more important with the 12 and 13 firmwares is to CHANGE MY FREAKIN' STRINGS! Seriously, once you get past that initial treble-fest that is new strings, they settle into a much better sonic experience with the Axe FX. A lot of the magic in the clip I posted is because the strings on my Suhr are at that happy place after just being broken in.

You mean this?

Keep the sound clips coming!

Thanks for all the kind words, gentlemen. I'm hoping to put together something in Reason that is more song-ish this evening (trying to get that distorted tone I'm hearing in my head now that we have UR).

I've always steered away from Fanes because they just kind of left me feeling like I was out there, naked for all to see and laugh at. I've hid behind V30s for years. This clip, and some comments from Cliff to the beta testers, convinced me to try the OH Fane 4x12s at rehearsal with my gain-ier patches. Wow! I still have a hard time playing this sound without the band, but with the full band it really sounds amazing. Nice low end, but the mids sit so well I'm never getting lost behind the organ or piano from our keyboard player.

Kevin has his IR's organized by speaker cabinet, microphone, speaker and power amp. IIRC Cliff stated he does not prefer tube power amps for IR capture so the free OH ones are all from solid state power amps.

Let me Google that for you: 412-GTR MAR-CB MIX Vintage Speaker Collection - $19.00 : OwnHammer.com - Store

Thanks, i have them. I bought both, but obviously they aren't Ultra Res... so how can i get only the OH UltraRes 4x12 Fane IR? in the zip file i find only the OH 412 mar_cb_fn-42-Studio-vintage.
Thanks again

Thanks, i have them. I bought both, but obviously they aren't Ultra Res... so how can i get only the OH UltraRes 4x12 Fane IR? in the zip file i find only the OH 412 mar_cb_fn-42-Studio-vintage. Thanks again

You can either buy the $99 OH UltraRes pack from the Fractal store or wait until Cab-Lab supports UlatrRes conversion and convert the WAV files from the OH store packs yourself.

You can either buy the $99 OH UltraRes pack from the Fractal store or wait until Cab-Lab supports UlatrRes conversion and convert the WAV files from the OH store packs yourself.

Yes i know but Variable ( Who Made The patch) told that The OH ultra was Free. Now i would only to know if he used The Free IR fane OH cab, or he bought it.

Yes i know but Variable ( Who Made The patch) told that The OH ultra was Free. Now i would only to know if he used The Free IR fane OH cab, or he bought it.

I used the included 4x12 Fane cabinet in FW 13. I'm waiting for Cab Lab to support UR rather than buying Producer 3 as I already own all the OH IRs.

I used the included 4x12 Fane cabinet in FW 13. I'm waiting for Cab Lab to support UR rather than buying Producer 3 as I already own all the OH IRs.

Sorry, but i can't understand what is the Ultra Res Cabinet with Fane included in FW13...

Inviato da mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom