Bug? FW:13.02, Pitch / Fixed Harmony Weirdness

Rich G.

Experienced
I have a couple presets that I use to lower the pitch of my guitar -3 with the mix set at 100%. When I played I would hear two tones instead of one. The first one was higher pitch and would ring out for about 750ms before the lower pitch would kick in. The first one sounded like if may have been the dry signal coming through and then the lower pitch would sound on top of that after 750ms.

I checked all the settings in the pitch block and could not identify anything that may have been causing this.

I switched over to another preset that used the pitch block in a similar manner. It had the same issue.

I cycled power on the AxeFx and the problem was gone.

I'm not sure I'll be able to reproduce this issue. If I do I'll try to record it. I never heard it before loading 13.02.

I had a gig last week-end where I used a preset transposing my guitar at -2, on 13.02. No problem for me. Can you export one of your presets ?

Did you use Axe-Edit or USB in general?

Have you muted the second voice of the pitch block?

I was using Axe-Edit at the time. Second voice was not muted.

I had a gig last week-end where I used a preset transposing my guitar at -2, on 13.02. No problem for me. Can you export one of your presets ?
I've used the presets many times in the past without any problem. I played for hours last night and didn't hear the issue at all.

When it did happen the sequence was this:
* Selected transposing preset.
* Heard odd ring modulator type sound. Looked at all the parameters in the pitch transpose block. I changed a bunch of parameters to see if changing anything would fix it. Turning down the 2nd voice seemed to take care of it. Voices were normally set to -3, 9. Keep in mind it just wasn't the sound that was goofed up- there was also a delay of about 750ms before the lower note (voice 1) sounded.
* Select a different preset that also used a Pitch block to transpose down. I know for a fact I had not used that preset that evening. It too exhibited the same odd behavior.
* Turned off the AxeFx, then turned it back on. Both presets were now fine. I haven't seen the problem since.

If it does happen again I'll capture the audio and export the preset.

Back
Top Bottom