FW 13.02 Crash at gig (NOT A BUG)

guitvai1

Inspired
I gigged FW 13.02 last night and it sounded incredible. I had one glitch though.

After the first set intermission when I went to tune using the MFC101 tune switch, the tuner was no longer muting the Axe Fx and the sound in my patches seemed like the amps/cabs had been removed. Even after changing presets the problem persisted. I had to reboot the Axe Fx mid song to fix it. I had no issues after that. I'd love to know what caused this in order to prevent it again.

That being said, the sounds from this unit now are beyond great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew. Glad you figured it out, and glad that cycling the power, deactivates the bypass mode automatically, so it solved it that night too.

Checked it out tonight, and hitting the bypass does give me the effect I had at the gig. I must have hit it with the headstock of my guitar when putting it back on the stand.

Thanks Yek.

Originally the Axe-Fx saved the Bypass state across power cycles. But after doing this exact same thing once and panicking thinking that the unit had failed in the middle of a gig I changed it so it always boots up with Bypass off.

Back
Top Bottom