FW 12.03beta4 drive X/Y state bug

Rocket Brother

Power User
I ran across what I believe to be a bug today after loading FW 12.03beta4.

Setup was tele into front input, output one to CLR.
I made all changes from the front panel, Axe not connected to computer, MFC not connected.

When I engaged a drive block it worked great as normal, but when I engaged the Y-state of the drive block I had no sound what so ever.
I could see the input led indicators light up when I hit the strings so the Axe was receiving the signal, and the parameters for the Y-state drive block were all normal, as in gain, level and other parameters were all turned up to where they need to to sound right.
When I was i the Y-state for the drive block I had not sound, if I returned to the X-state sound was back as normal.
I tested this on 4 different presets, and the problem was present on all of them.

Anybody else experience this behaviour ???

did you try changing anything when in the y block that didn't make sound?

Yep, I tried increasing the level in the drive block and checked all the parameter pages of the drive block to see everything was set correctly - no difference, still no sound.
I'm not with my Axe Fx right now otherwise I would have re-checked before posting.

Chris, can you replicate this bug on one of your presets or does it work fine on your Axe Fx ??

not near my axe today. maybe someone else can try.

drive block only? drive block 1 only?

Haven't experienced this, cannot reproduce.

Hmm, I'll have to re-check then as soon as I'm near my Axe to make sure I didn't miss something.
Maybe I inadvertently changed the X/Y state for the amp block at the same time (?), I didn't think of that at the time and can't remember whether the presets I tried had an amp specified for the Y-state.

I'll test asap and report back whether this problem persists or if this is an error 40 - as in the error is situated 40 cm in front of the Axe :)

Reactions: yek
I ran across what I believe to be a bug today after loading FW 12.03beta4.

When I engaged a drive block it worked great as normal, but when I engaged the Y-state of the drive block I had no sound what so ever.

When I was i the Y-state for the drive block I had not sound, if I returned to the X-state sound was back as normal.

Anybody else experience this behaviour ???

You have my curiosity, and I will test this.

But out of curiosity, did you manually select the X/Y state of the drive or did you set those on 2 different scenes and jump between the scenes to access them? Because if you were using scenes, perhaps other blocks were changing without you noticing, or perhaps the master output of one of the scenes was set to it's lowest output.

You have my curiosity, and I will test this.

But out of curiosity, did you manually select the X/Y state of the drive or did you set those on 2 different scenes and jump between the scenes to access them? Because if you were using scenes, perhaps other blocks were changing without you noticing, or perhaps the master output of one of the scenes was set to it's lowest output.

I manually selected the X/Y state

What if you swap X with Y....does X stop making sound?

Or,

What if you initialize the drive block and put new settings into X and Y. Does Y still stop making sound?

In older presets Drive settings may be off. Such as Sample Rate set to 48 instead of 48000 Hz. This could cause audio to drop out.

How are you changing X and Y state? By clicking on the button on the Axe or by pressing a button on your foot controller?
Because it might be false midi data by your foot controller (like sending the output volume midi CC#).

The Y-state may simply be uninitialized. This can occur if using old presets. Double-click bypass to initialize the state then adjust as desired.

The Y-state may simply be uninitialized. This can occur if using old presets. Double-click bypass to initialize the state then adjust as desired.

I found this on the Y of the Cab blocks in the factory presets. The size was very low. Not a bug. But startling when first discovered. :)

Back
Top Bottom