FW 12.03 beta 4 - frequent lockups

mitch

Experienced
Last night I was playing for a few hours mostly on factory preset 24, the Friedman HBE, and had at least 5 lockups. USB was connected, but no axe-edit use at all. I know flaky USB cables can cause issues, but this is the same cable I've been using for months with no issue.

I know this is beta, so just wanted to report it to see if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a known issue. I may try doing a full reset to see if that helps.

did it just randomly stop working? did you get any sound at all? did you change something and it froze, or it just froze without touching anything on the axe?

did you happen to unplug the USB to see if it was the issue? what computer/system were you plugged into? using it as a soundcard?

did it just randomly stop working? did you get any sound at all? did you change something and it froze, or it just froze without touching anything on the axe?

did you happen to unplug the USB to see if it was the issue? what computer/system were you plugged into? using it as a soundcard?

Yes, randomly. I was just playing and it locked up, sound cut off, and the screen went blank. My mfc was on at the time. I haven't tried unplugging the USB, but suspect that will solve it. Computer is Win7 64-bit with no stability issues. The axefx is an audio device, but I'm monitoring via spdif on my main audio interface.

Last night I was playing for a few hours mostly on factory preset 24, the Friedman HBE, and had at least 5 lockups. USB was connected, but no axe-edit use at all. I know flaky USB cables can cause issues, but this is the same cable I've been using for months with no issue.

I know this is beta, so just wanted to report it to see if anyone else has experienced this or if there is a known issue. I may try doing a full reset to see if that helps.

Cliff mentioned something about invalid modifier data. Could be the same thing causing your unit to hang maybe?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-discussion/79527-psa-patch-123-damaged.html

I saw that, but thought it was specific to just that patch.

Yeah it probably is just that patch, but you never know :) I tried playing around with factory preset 24 and it seems fine on my end. I'm also running 12.03 beta 4.

Could you maybe upload the patch?
Is your Axe only locking up on preset 24?
I would also try to do a system reset and reinstall the firmware (don't forget to do a backup first)

A new firmware release should hopefully just be around the corner now, so if it is a modifier issue then this would be resolved by then.

Yeah it probably is just that patch, but you never know :) I tried playing around with factory preset 24 and it seems fine on my end. I'm also running 12.03 beta 4.

Could you maybe upload the patch?
Is your Axe only locking up on preset 24?
I would also try to do a system reset and reinstall the firmware (don't forget to do a backup first)

A new firmware release should hopefully just be around the corner now, so if it is a modifier issue then this would be resolved by then.
I think I was on another preset for a while and it locked up, so I don't think it's preset specific. I'll probably just wait for the new firmware and do a full reset at that point.

having the issue that my axe is freezing when it's connected to USB with my mac. Happens randomly but when it happens only all buttons and the display freezes; I can still hear my guitar and play normally but nothing else works.

Try another USB cable. Make sure nothing is inbetween (no extension cables, no hub).

Hi,

I am getting this same issue - have been since the 12.03 betas and it's still there in the final release.

After playing for a while the Axe will just lock up. On mine I still see the display but all sound disappears (and input LEDs stop working). Won't respond to any input and have to reboot.

I *think* I've always had USB plugged in when this happens (it's happened four or five times at least). Normally I don't use USB but I've been using Cab Lab a fair bit recently which means I've had it plugged in a lot.

Mac 10.6.8. Logic in use on the Mac but not using the Axe as my interface and it happens with no Axe-related sw (Cab Lab / Axe Edit) running.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom