FW 12.02 Released

thank you very much ! ;)
but :"Please delete any System backups you created under firmware 12.01" ok but how can we do that ?

Help... !

I have never had an issue in the past updates and always keep up to date but I have had an issue updating this one.

After transferring the update from Fractal Bot, the AF2 started the programing portion and just over half way through the screen went blank and a loud crackling came out of the speakers. It continued like that for a while and I assumed it would not come back and turned it off.

Now the AF2 will not boot up. I get a blank screen and most of the LEDs on the right side stay on.

Is there a way to recover from this and either complete the update or go back to 12.01? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Right now I have no obvious way to fix this.

Thanks,
Paul

The exact same thing happened to me not an hour ago. I knew right then it was dead in the water. However I did try to reload the previous FW but Fractal Bot messaged, "make sure the unit was turned on and the USB was hooked up correctly". I had no system backups to delete. I contacted support.

(Update): Just heard back from Fractal's Customer Support. A "Recovery ROM" is in order and on order at the modest cost of $1.00. Thanks Matt!! (Fractal Audio Support) They're going to ship the ROM out to me (via UPS) but at $60.00 and change for shipping and handling a small ROM chip to Canada? Sorry but UPS is a notorious joke.

Last edited:
OK, thanks for the responses, misery loves company. :)

I have confidence they will resolve it and I will contact them and get some info.

Back
Top Bottom