FW 11b - Overview of New Speaker Impedance Modelling

Thanks, Leon, for explaining this so that even I could understand it. :D

What would be cool, for factory or legacy cab content, is if the speaker impedance curve selection automatically changed for the type of factory IR selected. Any plans for that @FractalAudio ?

Here's a brief explanation of what it does, where it is and how to use it.

Initial Video Rating: 10 out of 10

Situational awareness: at :05, sidestepped the pronunciation of "Beta" altogether +1 -1 = 0 point change
Deduction: at 5:52, used the American pronunciation of "Beta" -1 point (shame shame shame)
Addition: at 9:59, used the Australian pronunciation of "Mesa" +1 point

Final video score: 10 out of 10

(no vegemite was harmed during the making of this video)

Well done, young man!

Thanks, Leon, for explaining this so that even I could understand it. :D

What would be cool, for factory or legacy cab content, is if the speaker impedance curve selection automatically changed for the type of factory IR selected. Any plans for that @FractalAudio ?

I rarely use "1" IR since the Cab block allows 4 slots. I think the impedance should default for the amp selected, and then can be altered by the user to be the best for the blended cab block he is using, the way Leon demonstrated "scrolling and strumming" until you reach one.

I would support a feature in Axe Edit to audition impedence curves, so I can blind test while strumming, until I fall in love with one and stop the auditioning mode.

Is it just me or is the apparent volume quite varied with different impedance curves? Cynically, I wonder whether you ended up on the apparent loudest of the lot?

Hi Leon,
What software and equipment do you use for your videos?
They always look and sound good. Voice, guitar, and screenshot of Axe Edit, and lighting are all good.

Leon, I closed my eyes and I could have sworn I heard from 4-5 guitars on the wall behind you saying they wanted to go to Ohio for summer camp. Coincidentally, I live in Ohio and can give them a good Christian home to host them.

Back
Top Bottom