FW 11b - Overview of New Speaker Impedance Modelling

Nice Recto tones at the end. I dont usually gravitate towards using those amps, but I do like alot of music that employs them.

Excellent video Leon! Really helps folks (me) understand how/where/why with this new parameter.

I also didn't think it would have as pronounced an effect as it did. So many cool flavors in there to try.

Now that my children's 14th B-Day is over...I can actually get back to the guitar. Wee!

@2112 Thanks Leon. Great stuff as usual. Just so I’m clear on this, if I am simply going for an authentic sound for a particular amp then when I’m choosing a Cab, I should select the cab suggested in the speaker resonance section. Is that about right?

Does this new impedance curve modeling also effect us folks using traditional cabinets without the cab block or just those using the cab block?

Does this new impedance curve modeling also effect us folks using traditional cabinets without the cab block or just those using the cab block?

Yes, if you are using the AMP block (with SS power amp) you get the benefit. Continue to use your setup how you are already using it. All it does is make amp modeling more accurate overall (and more flexible to select a range of impedance curves).

Last edited:
Yes, if you are using the AMP block (with SS power amp) you get the benefit. Continue to use your setup how you are already using it. All it does is make amp modeling more accurate overall (and more flexible to select a range of impedance curves).

Ergo It might be useful to try and approximately match the curve of the speaker being currently used within the traditional cabinet? I am using a 212 with V30s on one side and another with 210s on the other.

Back
Top Bottom