FW 11. Maybe I'll wait.

No significant problems from my end. The only thing I ran into was 3 or 4 patches had an FX Loop, which needed to be changed to something else (I changed it to a Phaser), to work with my setup. After that everything was great.

The AE3 is working great, the tones on the new patches are WONDERFUL, and I've had no hiccups at all, other than the patches mentioned above. The backup, firmware upgrades, and new patches only took a few minutes - the transfers were FAST! I'm not sure what changed, but the USB transfers were blazingly fast - it literally probably took 5-minutes or so, to do all the things mentioned above, from the initial backups, to upgrading, then adding the new patch banks. I'm blown away by the tone, the AE3 AND the lack of hiccups. It's a win-win to upgrade, as far as I'm concerned - happy I did. the new patches REALLY sound good.

Do you remember which patches had the fx loop?

I think api4u identified these in a different thread. See below. Mahalo for 11!

Quote Originally Posted by api4u View Post
OK - doing some digging around, and found this, but haven't tried it, yet - if anyone else is having the same problem this "might" be it..... it's a post from elsewhere on the forum - wasn't sure how to link it.

" I like what I hear so far!!!

Just a heads up...
I was testing all the V10 presets in Bank A and couldn't understand why there was no sound on the 59 Bassguy preset (001)--turns out there is a FXL block where the Phaser block is on the other patches. I swapped in a Phaser block and all is good!
Also, the Dirty Shirley (061) and Fox ODS (062) had a FXL block all by itself in the beginning of the 3rd row, and it sounded bypassed. I deleted the FXL block and the amps sound like they should now. "
OK - to update my previous post - all works well, once the FX Loop block is traded out for something else (I used a Phaser similar to the post above). Also note that the post above is referring to FW10. The Dirty Shirley and FOX ODS patches in the FW11 banks work fine, with no modifications.
Hope this helps someone who may be running into the same issue.

Firmware 11 is the best firmware released to date. Rock Solid.
You'll need to tweak a little your patches to match the new Delay mix and such, but nothing to worry about stability or performance.

AE 3.0 is GREAT also, and work with it is flawless

My vote... Go for it.
Forums are usually for answer questions or issues, so it's frequent to see more posts about that than just saying that the unit Rulez (and yes, the unit rulez)... And a lot of the "issues" you'll see are more user issues than FW bugs.

As you can see by the number of my posts, I'm a Forum Lurker (checking the forum everyday). All the info is here and/or Wiki'ed so I don't have the need to post.

Backup, test and go back to your previous FW if it's not for you.

No problems here. If anyone is getting issues with AE3.0 there's a good chance they haven't read the release notes about the features that currently aren't available, or the bit about it only working with FW11 and up.

But yeah, nothing wrong with being safe and waiting. :) I always do that when a new iOS update comes out.

I feel sorry for the guys having problems and I hope they will find the source of it quick. No problems here, updated yesterday, first big gig tomorrow in more than one year, excited about blasting the stage with 11

Apart from the ususual suspects (381, 382) I only came across the FXL block in #340 (Blitz II).

On another note: the stock preset CE-1 Chorus is panned completely to the left (Balance in the Chorus block).

in would prefer to have software updates not as often as it is done in the past.
maybe keep the 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 versions and bring a 12.0 instead of it 6 month later

in would prefer to have software updates not as often as it is done in the past.
maybe keep the 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 versions and bring a 12.0 instead of it 6 month later

??

So if the FW you are using needs fix you don`t want it??

You don`t HAVE to update. That`s all up to you. Just wait for the next you want. ;)

Go for FW11, don't ask you too much questions. Backup first and if shit happens you can allways go back without trouble. But you have 999 chances on 1000 that everything will go well. and you'll be the happiest guitarist in the world. Just like me and so many others! GO! GO!

One thing which I believe needs to be said ...
You will get a few questions with every new update.
Out of the hundreds??(thousands??) of people who have installed the new firmware, the number experiencing any sort of issue is a very minor percentage.

Back
Top Bottom