FW 11. Maybe I'll wait.

Shredology

Experienced
There seems to be a good bit of chatter about FW11/AE3 problems. I just saw this morning at work that all was released and I have been browsing around the posts. User cab issues, USB communication errors, etc. I never install betas so I have so excited for the prime time release but it seems like 11b had less issues. Should I wait? 11.1?

no probs for me.. been pretty smooth, used ae for a few hours last night. I think 11 release was kinder to my existing presets, as I didn't have to do much of anything, where in the beta beat them up pretty bad.

Cliff is already working on the next release. I'm waiting for that. Ever since Windows Vista, I don't do beta software of any kind (guilt by association). FW11 sounds fantastic, but I like to wait for the .01 releases. I prefer to let others identify the issues. :lol

There seems to be a good bit of chatter about FW11/AE3 problems. I just saw this morning at work that all was released and I have been browsing around the posts. User cab issues, USB communication errors, etc. I never install betas so I have so excited for the prime time release but it seems like 11b had less issues. Should I wait? 11.1?

Considering the depth and importance of both products (v11 and AE 3), the number of posted bugs and complaints so far is extremely low.
Also, don't forget that the firmware and software can bring existing config problems on user systems to the surface.

From someone who was soild on FW10.09 and said he wouldnt update.Sounds great so far and integrates with AE 3.0 fine, no probs as of yet...

no issues with either....i wouldn't let a few minor issues keep me from ugrading, that's just silly....

No issues here. If you're waiting for Cliff to stop working on the last update before you jump in you might as well never update. He'll always be working it.

Got a gig Saturday but Sunday, I think I'm going for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you can easily back up everything with fractal bot, install the new FW11 and AE 3.0 and try it with no worries.
If you dig into FW11 and make changes you want to keep, simply back up again with Fractal Bot, and after that, re-install whatever your current FW is and reload the corresponding backups and be exactly where you are now, completely unaffected.
You could even keep running backups of each and continue to use your current setup while settling into FW11 and just switch back and forth until you are ready to move up.
Thats the great thing I love about the Axe FX. Don't think of version's like an upgrade that you are stuck with, think of it like a version switch, in which you can always re-load what ever version you want.

Might as well give a try and IF, I repeat, IF, you have some issues, then just roll it back to an older f/w

AE3 in particular is pretty sweet. I got rather used to the front panel but being able to do it all (even change cabs) with a mouse is super quick and easy via software

Got my AXE-FX right before all the AE issues so I have never really used AE. I am a full front panel guy. I have never learned exactly how to back things up properly. That makes me gun-shy about updates. I have been using BOT to audition and upload patches and do prior firmware updates but not bulk backups. I need to do some reading. Is there a concise Back-up How-to somewhere?

Back
Top Bottom