FW 11.01 TX Star Lead

Ah, I see.

Well, perhaps he could disengage it by setting it to zero like the Sag for Amp Sim. Right now it cuts the signal completely.

I went down to a local shop and played an actual Lonestar today. Low and behold I don't actually like the drive on that amp at all. I like what Andy Timmons does with it, but its just not my thing. I can see that single coils would be a favorable choice for the drive for sure. I also compared the two channels 1 and 2 clean. I was able to make them sound identical with the drive disengaged.

I can see why Cliff doesn't see any point in modeling the clean. Kind of pointless, but I still love this amp model for cleans over the fenders in the Axe anyway.

It sounds pretty much like a fender, and I haven't tweaked as hard on the fenders as I have with this model. It always seemed to be in the ball park up front more so than the others. I realize my view is subjective. If the popular consensus is that the TS Star lead is lead is redundant other than its drive character, then I'm probably gonna lose on that one.

Interesting to play the real thing though, glad I got the chance. Onward!!!:pirate:

That's the beauty of it. You can play all these amps cranked like the pros do without needing earplugs!

Thought I was just having a conversation. Didn't mean to upstage anybody. Of course me saying anything only supports your comment. oh well...:ambivalence:

Now if someone else would just come along and make one more comment, I should be in the clear.:pride:

Last edited:
It's a diffcult amp.

The "clean" switch applies to channel 2 only.

Picture on page 3 shows "clean settings" with Drive not greyed out.

I ask this cos I dont know...

This is my favorite amp. Is the general idea that the settings on the AXE FXII models behave exactly ( or almost exactly) like the settings on the real one>> I mean if I duplicated the settings from the Lonestar manual for clean on the modeled TX star, would the resulting sounds be similar or very similar?? Or does it have to be further tweaked etc...

Thanks in advance.

The elegent gypsie patch is FANTASTIC!.

Whoever put that factory patch together deserves a gold star. WOW

I agree- I've tried it with alternative cabs (mainly new OH) and made it work even better for my guitar/setup. But it's a great preset.

Works really well with headphones for me as well- I've found very little else that works well for me with headphones as far as factory or my own presets. I'm not a fan of playing through headphones though.. just to clarify. Just a necessary compromise at times.

The Gypsie patch (modified to taste) has been one of my top 5 presets since FW10, but now it gets quite a bit more play time. Great stuff!

Thought I was just having a conversation. Didn't mean to upstage anybody. Of course me saying anything only supports your comment. oh well...:ambivalence:

Now if someone else would just come along and make one more comment, I should be in the clear.:pride:
KIDDING! Guess who has the last word now! Revived the thread, always funny...

Okay, a guy that actually lives in the Lone Star State (Texas) should probably have the last word on this thread.:lol

Back
Top Bottom