FW 11.01 TX Star Lead

Thanks Cliff for the sick ass Firmware. Love it to no end. You should take a vacation, get away for a few weeks or whatever you easily deserve it.

Cliff,.....FW.11 freakin' rocks!!

We've got major tweaking and explorations ahead to last a lifetime!

I echo the sentiments.

Enjoy some quality time with the other half and the little one! You definitely deserve it!

.....while you're at it....PLS SPEND MORE TIME IN THE BATHROOM THAN USUAL!!

oops ...sorry...didn't mean to yell.

A few weeks? Take a year off! I've been away 6 months now... gives you the opportunity to question what life is really about. ...then again I realized I'll never leave my Axe-Fx.

I went back and checked the model. One of the cutoff frequencies was off by a factor of 10 (oops). Should sound much better in the next release. I've been playing it and it oozes Andy Timmons now.

Ooh, can't wait to hear Timmons dripping out of it now - awesome!

Thanks Cliff! This is the way I mean this forum, to cooperate and confront, not barking one other.
Thanks so much! :)

I went back and checked the model. One of the cutoff frequencies was off by a factor of 10 (oops). Should sound much better in the next release. I've been playing it and it oozes Andy Timmons now.

That's great. I know admitting mistakes is always hard but the way it comes across is that you're an honest guy willing to admit you're human and make a better product as a result.

It's understandable that things like this happen since there are sooo many amps to go through. Was that "mistake" done earlier or just now? What I'm getting at is, do you have to type in these values for every release or is it automated? :)

EDIT: While we're at it... there was talk about the clean channel of this amp which is what Andy Timmons mainly uses and JP also. Is it ever going to be a part of the Axe or is it too similar to Fenders?

Please Cliff don't remove it. Lonestar is a great amp.
I think any Boogie fan love to have Timmons tone under the box... Myself included. It would be awsome to have the clean channel of the Lonestar Modeled and MIMIC'ed too.

FW11.01 is awesome. Thanks so much.
Enjoy your vacation.

EDIT: LOL Kent and I talking about the clean channel at the same time :p

yep that LS Clean would be really cool! All I know about that amp is that the clean channel is one of the best out there and pros uses it alot. It should be close to Roadster clean channel and it was REALLY good when I had that amp! If Cliff has a LoneStar laying around there it should definitely be mimic'd in AFX :p (not yelling) :D

Admitting mistakes is great and we I totally understand that since there is so many amps, leaves me thinking if there's more mistakes? (Maybe I'm talking about the rectos, not yelling, but the IIc+ IS SO AWESOME after the update I think something could be done for rectos...)

I'll add it to the next release. Yelling at me isn't a good way to ask for things. I'm just as inclined to remove the model.

I'd prefer you leave it as is...just started messing with this last week... dropped one of the OH Marshall IR's in there and I've got my new go to metal presets...:encouragement:

That's great. I know admitting mistakes is always hard but the way it comes across is that you're an honest guy willing to admit you're human and make a better product as a result.

It's understandable that things like this happen since there are sooo many amps to go through. Was that "mistake" done earlier or just now? What I'm getting at is, do you have to type in these values for every release or is it automated? :)

EDIT: While we're at it... there was talk about the clean channel of this amp which is what Andy Timmons mainly uses and JP also. Is it ever going to be a part of the Axe or is it too similar to Fenders?

And this is exactly what set Fractal apart from the rest! non of us are near perfect, Axe Fx has a team of humans behind it. Thing like this make it feel more like stuff between good friends and family then just a production line with careless people.

Thank you Cliff.

I had the Lonestar special but i guess its almost the same from the normal Lonestar, just voiced more Texas style (EL84). Any ways, both channels are identical if you set them equal with out the drive toggle engaged. This amp has a great clean channel, but the drive channel need to be patiently dialed in, and the sound changes a lot if you change guitars, i never got a drive tone where it serve well both single coil and humbuckers guitars, i always needed to dial the tone. The speaker i really do not like, it always sounded better into a marshall cab.

I feel this amp reacts better pushing those power amp tubes, so pushing the amps hard can get more harmonic content then just turning the drive knob up.

Thanks again Cliff.

And thanks to all those who asks NICELY if something is off. Sometimes they are correct ;)

Timmons runs his head into a Mesa 4x12 Rectifier Std cab. So a 4x12 with V30`s would make sence. I`m looking forward to this. Sound really good now, but better is nice. The Mark IIC+ kicks now.

My only challenge now, is that there are so many good amps. I really dont know what to use on my gig in 2 weeks. What a luxury!!!

I started going through my patches for the set I am playing on 9/22. Wouldn't you know, I was using a Lonestar on one section of a song for a solo. I will copy the preset and park the original elsewhere, and in the mean time, substitute something else in its place, but if you release an update before my preparations for that set, during the week 9/15-9/21, I'll be able to go back to my old preset and include the Lonestar in its proper place.

Thanks again for everything. When you admit you goofed, it makes me feel better, because I know, you, more than anyone else, get satisfaction about "getting it dead nuts on the money" but, as another poster commented, there's so many frickin lines of code and settings, no one could catch everything. The beta guys didn't catch the EQ issue, everyone did an outstanding job, and even if you find other bugs here and there with 11.0 / 11.01 , the whole thing is just mind-blowingly amazing!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy with the control I can get through scenes and the volume setting for each scene - amazing!

Thanks for pursuing quality - always.

Rod

PS - If I broke onto the stage and played through Andy's rig itself, it would merely sound like I had broken onto the stage and played through Andy's rig....but it wouldn't ooze Andy. LOL But, yes, I understood what you meant - the model is dead-on.

Haha.. well let's face it! If someone's talking about "the Lonestar sound" it's the clean channel. So many pros using ONLY THE CLEAN CHANNEL. (not yelling) ;)

If I remember correctly Cliff mentioned that the clean channel is essentially just a Fender Twin. However, I wouldn't mind if the Lead channel model was changed to the EL84 version because to me it was a much better than the 6L6. The 6L6 has excessive bass but the EL84 makes for a more balanced sound. Of course this isn't all that much of an issue in the virtual world as you can probably just tweak the advanced parameters to match the LS Special.

I've always liked the Lonestar model in the Axe with the gain backed down because it was fatter sounding than the Twin & had a little compression.

Back
Top Bottom