Bug? FW 10.04 Blip noise when changing AMPX/Y with MFC101 and playing music through FXloop

jeppekristoffer

Power User
Hi!

• AxeFX II FW 10.04 powered with power cable only(no surge protector or Furman similar device).
• MFC101 FW 2.16 connected with Cat5/Ethernet cable to the AxeFX II or MIDI 5-pin cable to AxeFX II and Fractal AC adaptor to power the MFC101.
• Guitar connected direct to AxeFX II with Evidence Audio Lyric HG cable.
• Media player connected to AxeFX II Input 2/FX Return.
• NO connection to computer/Axe edit with USB.
• No other connections.

Steps to reproduce bug:

1. Choose any preset. One of ”your own” or a factory preset.
2. Insert an FXloop block in the last slot of the top row in the grid and connect the Fxloop block to the ”Output”.
3. Make the Fxloop block active in Scene 1-4.
4. Assign the AMP1 X/Y state to the MFC101 IA switch #11.
5. Assign the REV1 X/Y state to the MFC101 IA switch #12.
6. Assign the AMP2 X/Y state to the MFC101 IA switch #13.
7. Assign the SCENE1 to the MFC101 IA switch #1.
8. Assign the SCENE2 to the MFC101 IA switch #2.
9. Assign the SCENE3 to the MFC101 IA switch #3.
10. Assign the SCENE4 to the MFC101 IA switch #4.
11. Setup the different scenes to have different X/Y states of the AMP1, AMP2 and REV1.
12. Connect a media player device(Computer, Mobile phone or IPod) to Input 2/FX Return in the back of the AxeFX.
13. Connect AxeFX out 1 or Phones out, to your Power Amplifier or Headphones.
14. PLAY MUSIC THROUGH YOUR MEDIA PLAYER(Computer, Mobile or IPod). Do not be shy with your volume from your media player!
15. Change AMP1 X/Y or AMP2 X/Y or REV1 X/Y state with the MFC101 either by selecting different Scenes with IA switch 1-4 or by pressing IA switch #11, #12 and #13 directly.
16. You will now get a BLIP sound/noise when changing X/Y states. Through your speakers or headphones. The loudest blip comes when changing
AMP X/Y state.
17. This happens on all presets I have tried this on. My own presets and various untouched factory FW10 presets.
18. I have twice gone back to (reinstalled)FW10.02 and then back to (reinstalled)FW10.04 and it only happens on FW10.04 and I have never noticed this on previous firm wares.
19. This does not happen when changing X/Y states on the front panel!

I have not checked this further by selecting other X/Y states of other blocks!

Regards Jesper

Blip noise confirmed. Only when changing scenes with MFC, not with "A" knob.
FXL block doesn't seem be the cause (see other thread).

I reinstalled fw10.04 and checked.
You were correct. I must have not heard the blips the first times.
Fxloop does not seem to be the cause, it happens even without fxloop.

Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom