FW 1.10 with MFC-101 MkIII preset -1

HAhN SOLO

Inspired
So, I just loaded up 1.10 to test it out before practice tomorrow, and now when I use my MFC to scroll up/down presets, the AxeFXIII is one lower than what the MFC is saying. When I'm supposed to be on 000 (or 001 with the offset) the AFXIII reads 384 (last preset on the MFC). I changed nothing before the update, and have played several shows with no real issues. I already tried messing with all of the MIDI offset controls on the AFXIII and the MFC101.

Anyone else having this issue? I've tried booting with nothing connected, both off then connecting, and all combinations.

EDIT: To clarify, when my MFC is connected the AFXIII is shifting the presets around.

Last edited:
You said you tried Midi Offset. You may have meant "Axe-Fx DisplayOfst" in the MFC's setup menu. If you didn't, that should resolve your issue.

In the Axe II under I/O > Display Offset as well. I don't have a III. I assume it has a similar setting.

Last edited:
You said you tried Midi Offset. You may have meant "Axe-Fx DisplayOfst" in the MFC's setup menu. If you didn't, that should resolve your issue.

In the Axe II under I/O > Display Offset as well. I don't have a III. I assume it has a similar setting.
I have adjusted all of the "offset" settings on the MFC as well as the AFXIII. When connected, the AFXIII is changing the preset locations.

Preset 000 (or 001 with the offset) becomes 384 (or 385) when it gets any signal from my MFC. With both powered off, regardless of settings, I will power up the AFXIII and wait until fully booted. Then I will power on the MFC. Once it is booted, the AFXIII instantly "moves" my presets down by one without the offset, and two with it.

"Curiouser and curiouser!"

Sounds like 000 is mapped either in the MFC or Axe III? You really shouldn't need to set an offset. Strange that this happened after 1.10 update I did not have this happen here.

I have adjusted all of the "offset" settings on the MFC as well as the AFXIII. When connected, the AFXIII is changing the preset locations.

Preset 000 (or 001 with the offset) becomes 384 (or 385) when it gets any signal from my MFC. With both powered off, regardless of settings, I will power up the AFXIII and wait until fully booted. Then I will power on the MFC. Once it is booted, the AFXIII instantly "moves" my presets down by one without the offset, and two with it.

"Curiouser and curiouser!"
This is not an "offset" issue... Because that would be only 1 number.

Maybe dump the sysx from your MFC and see if someone else can have a look at it to see if they spot anything out of sorts. Most of the time its something simple your overlooking, well in my case anyway.

When you say tempo won't budge, what does that mean? From the MFC tempo button? If so on the AFXIII try going to Setup > Midi/Remote then page right 6 times. What number is Tempo set to, and is that the number you have set for that switch on the MFC?

Also you never mentioned if you ever set up the MFC to work with the Axe III. Its not just a plug and play thing as it was with Axe FX II.

One thing I just realized from your original post, you said "scroll up/down presets".

How are you doing this? Do you have buttons assigned to send preset increment/decrement or are you using the bank size of 0 or 1?

When you say tempo won't budge, what does that mean? From the MFC tempo button? If so on the AFXIII try going to Setup > Midi/Remote then page right 6 times. What number is Tempo set to, and is that the number you have set for that switch on the MFC?

Also you never mentioned if you ever set up the MFC to work with the Axe III. Its not just a plug and play thing as it was with Axe FX II.

I used the numbers from my IIXL because why not. I had the chart printed already. It is the same on my MFC and my AxeFxIII.
Say I'm using the Tremolo block with a square wave (hard on/off) setting. Even with the MFC out of the equation, I will use the tempo button on the unit itself to try and set the new tempo. I see the number change, but the actual sound does not match up with the tempo set unless I save the preset on the scene that uses the block, change to a new preset, then go back to the tremolo preset. I have the tempo to use the "preset" settings, not "global.".

I understand that the MFC is not plug and play with the AxeFxIII. I've only incurred the program offset issue since loading FW 1.10. The tempo issue was something I noticed when I got the unit in April, but figured a FW update would fix it, as I knew the unit was brand new.

I used the numbers from my IIXL because why not. I had the chart printed already. It is the same on my MFC and my AxeFxIII.
Say I'm using the Tremolo block with a square wave (hard on/off) setting. Even with the MFC out of the equation, I will use the tempo button on the unit itself to try and set the new tempo. I see the number change, but the actual sound does not match up with the tempo set unless I save the preset on the scene that uses the block, change to a new preset, then go back to the tremolo preset. I have the tempo to use the "preset" settings, not "global.".

I understand that the MFC is not plug and play with the AxeFxIII. I've only incurred the program offset issue since loading FW 1.10. The tempo issue was something I noticed when I got the unit in April, but figured a FW update would fix it, as I knew the unit was brand new.
Thanks for clearing that up. Did you report this tempo issue as a bug? I'm sure Cliff will fix it when he can.

Back
Top Bottom