Fuzz

bjjp2

Power User
On TGP everybody's obsessed with fuzz, but I don't seem to see much discussion of it here. So what are people using for their fuzz tones? Any tips?

Personally I like the FET, however no matter which one you select I find the "mix" button to be one of the best parameters. If you find it overpowering your tone, dial back the mix a bit.

I'll also may use it to get a +3db boost if needed, or shape/increase mids a bit.

On TGP everybody's obsessed with fuzz, but I don't seem to see much discussion of it here. So what are people using for their fuzz tones? Any tips?
I'm using this: https://reverb.com/item/1178678-fuz...uitar-effect-from-soaringtortoise-electronics

kkefbxvipubtdhmlfojy.jpg

Tips? Be gentle with the baby arms.

OP, I think it a couple factors. The fuzz tones from the old Axe Standard\Ultra are not very convincing. While you have every type of player using an Axe today, most of the metal guys are not using fuzz, so a big part of the Axe population is not developing fuzz related patches.

For me ,it took a while, but finding a few fuzz tones that sound really good. The Fender Bender is in a couple presets I use regularly.

Take the cab out of the equation, add some GEQ to beef it up a bit, and it can get real nasty.

I am also curious what fuzz algos in the Axe you guys are using. There has been a lot discussion about the fuzz algos not been convincing. Think I like the master fuzz the best. You can also experiment with the bit crusher for fuzz sounds although that one has very less sustain.

What I did the last time was putting a drive block at the very end of the chain. You wouldn't normally think of that but it sounds kind of cool. You can check it here:

I am also curious what fuzz algos in the Axe you guys are using. There has been a lot discussion about the fuzz algos not been convincing. Think I like the master fuzz the best. You can also experiment with the bit crusher for fuzz sounds although that one has very less sustain.

What I did the last time was putting a drive block at the very end of the chain. You wouldn't normally think of that but it sounds kind of cool. You can check it here:

Sweet! Can you post the preset?

Back
Top Bottom