Fuzz Schematics Galore (Breadboard)

When i saw "Fuzz" i immediately thought..Don's thread! :D Have you ever run a Fuzz through the front of your Ax? my new guitar (when its finally finished-7months and counting) will have the zvex fuzz built in so i hope that not gonna be a pain with the Ax!

Last edited:
When i saw "Fuzz" i immediately thought..Don's thread!
Ha! :D

no worries, I have a Fuzz Factory and it's wonderful in front of the Axe.
just like guitars/pickups, the Axe really brings out their character.
set up a clean patch with a doubleverb/1x12 black cab and switch on the fuzz.

hooray!

also:
ave you ever run a Fuzz through the front of your Ax?
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/share-request-patches/33126-fuzz-face-69-build.html

and I know of at least one other Axe owner/long time forum member who has a LOT of fuzzes to be used in front

btw. I just got a Ibanez CD5 Cyberdrive today and it has some really neat tones. it's noisy as hell (damn the Axe completely spoilt me) but I already spotted a few components that would like to be replaced by better sounding equivalents and two spots where I can once again incorporate my russian mil-spec NOS germanium transistors.

Last edited:
I have a Fuzz Factory and it's wonderful in front of the Axe.
just like guitars/pickups, the Axe really brings out their character.
set up a clean patch with a doubleverb/1x12 black cab and switch on the fuzz.

Awesome, cant wait until the thing finally arrives, its in Sims at the moment getting the cracked mirror finish..the Fuzz screaming with the sustainer engaged and the nail bomb humbucker..it's going to be a monstrosity or the best damn thing i have ever held!! :twisted

Sims - nice.
I saw/played some of the stuff he modded while I was working for Warwick/Framus and his workmanship is impeccable.
A sustainer and a Fuzz Factory - that's gonna be sick!
The Fuzz Factory is almost like an instrument, it takes some time to get to know it, since there are so many sounds in it and it's sometimes quite unpredictabe - but lots of fun.

the solo @ 1:40 is Fuzz Factory direct into the soundcard with an IR applied in the DAW (pre-Axe/everything recorded in our rehearsal room)
3st - WIR - Demo.mp3

Back
Top Bottom