Future updates for AX8/IIXL+

Honestly I am amazed that Fractal is so good at keep updating their old products until the unit just can't take it anymore. Using a parallel with the photography industry, it is like Fuji does (they call it "Kaizen"). In the digital realm this is absurdly rare. And one of the main reasons I am a loyal consumer because of that.

But, they are a company. They need to pay bills and salaries. They will release new units, and those will eventually succeed the current ones. That is just a fact. I am confident they will keep releasing updates for the AX8 as long as it is viable to them (hardware and cost wise), and that is more then enough for me.

But, like @Sonofiam just say (and I completely agree), buying any digital gear expecting it to not get replaced and not loose in value is an illusion. Do you want to "invest" in gear, like you do in stocks or any kind of assets, I recommend investing on old vintage tube equipment. One day, tubes will not be made anymore and those will worth a lot, probably... I don't "invest" in gear, I use it, and the amount of joy my AX8 already gave me basically already paid of 10x. If my AX8 burns today and becomes a zero dollar junk, I am still very happy with my purchase :D

I totally expected this to happen and am happy that it did. Very cool to see continued technological advancement. Hope to see Fractal continue to succeed!

Simply want(ed) to know if people think the core sound/feel will be significantly better on the 3 and what additional updates may or may not be coming based on prior experience.

I could not be happier with my Axe 8, and will enjoy for several more years at least, even if it doesn't get another update.

I do believe, we are going to see upgrade to Axe8 II or Axe9 in similar format with more technological advancements.

I think I would be more disappointed if Fractal STOPPED pushing forward. Like stated by a few people - my AX8 is always going to sound great (to me) - I will however buy the next generation of that product because I want to 1) get a good product, and 2) keep supporting a company that in my opinion and experience - IS the cutting edge of this technology.

Back
Top Bottom