• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Future Amp Models

Raab90

Inspired
+1 on the G3's Hiwatt and some other hiwatt models.

Also, +1 on the JMP2203. It's not that hard to find, it's sort of cheap, and acurate schematics about it are everywhere. And this amp in particular is as important as the 100 watt plexi.

The bassman 6g6b and the blackface AA864 would be nice to have, just becasue they are rare though.

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing. How does your physical amplifier compare to the Deluxe Verb model in the AxeFX? They're both 65's so I imagine not too different?
I actually have two. An original 65 given to me by my neighbor when I was 9 years old. He was the Fender factory Bass player. He also gave me a strat. I gave that away in 75 to a friend. Not one of my brightest moments i'll say.

The original is in storage and needs a little work. I should get it to an amp tech someday and sort things out. I fired it up about 6 years ago and it was making some nasty popping sounds etc and scared me. :)

The amp model in the Axe is (I believe) also modeled off a 65 reissue that Cliff owns. He can chime in here if I am incorrect. The model sounds and behaves just as my reissue does. As always, there are little differences with every amp even from the same line but I have not found anything that I would say stands out as a difference from my 65 reissue and the model in the Axe. It's spot on!

philos

+1 on the G3's Hiwatt and some other hiwatt models.

Also, +1 on the JMP2203. It's not that hard to find, it's sort of cheap, and acurate schematics about it are everywhere. And this amp in particular is as important as the 100 watt plexi.

The bassman 6g6b and the blackface AA864 would be nice to have, just becasue they are rare though.
This!

Hiwatt 504, 103 and 201

Marshall Bass (1986) and Superbass (2203)

Fender Bassman AA864 and 6G6-B

For a 200+ amp collection these are must have ones.

Anthony David

Experienced
I actually have two. An original 65 given to me by my neighbor when I was 9 years old. He was the Fender factory Bass player. He also gave me a strat. I gave that away in 75 to a friend. Not one of my brightest moments i'll say.

The original is in storage and needs a little work. I should get it to an amp tech someday and sort things out. I fired it up about 6 years ago and it was making some nasty popping sounds etc and scared me. :)

The amp model in the Axe is (I believe) also modeled off a 65 reissue that Cliff owns. He can chime in here if I am incorrect. The model sounds and behaves just as my reissue does. As always, there are little differences with every amp even from the same line but I have not found anything that I would say stands out as a difference from my 65 reissue and the model in the Axe. It's spot on!
Thank you very much, I was quite curious. An original '65 reverb! What a treat for a young boy!

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
Thank you very much, I was quite curious. An original '65 reverb! What a treat for a young boy!
Well it was 1965 when I was 9 so it didn't quite hold the same mystique it has now! :) I cringe every time I think about that strat I gave away. :roll

Sixstring

Axe-Master
It's funny how theses threads pop up every now and then, I'm sure there are amps out there that others would like to have added to the extensive list that FAS has and I'm fine with that. I don't personally have any that I would like to see added aside from more Bass guitar applications, there are so many Marshall, Fender and Vox variants in the Axe it would be really hard to not be able to dial something up that is not in that line up.

Personally I would rather see FAS focus on other products. I do recall a post a few years back stating that FAS did have at least 5-6 products new products in the works of which I believe the the AX FX II XL, AX8, EV-1 and Cab Lab if that counts... not sure. I think they have proven pretty much without a doubt their worth and solidified their position in the modeling world. What else are they going to get into? that's what I would love to see.

LeBigMac

EVH 5150 III 100S Blue and Red. There is a difference to the regular model. And a real improvement to the original one. Blue channel has more gain and low punch. The red is more brutal than the original.
Tried to fiddle with the parameters to get there, but haven't been successful jet. I own one and it's my favorite amp.

Dogstarr

Inspired
More bass amps would be nice, the Double Verb (twin reverb) model is pretty much the same circuit as the Dual Showman, but would be nice to have a dedicated Dual Showman model, as well as the old Ampeg B-16 Flip-top, I'd like an Aguilar DB 680 and a couple power amp only models would be nice for using with my old preamps that I can't seem to let go of (would seem silly to get rid of, since they still sound good and aren't worth much at this point). I'm not much of one for SS amps, but the Acoustic and GK amps are very nice for bass.

Smeier_ch

Inspired
What about Bogner Duende? Still love my version 1, and the channel link gives some really unique sound. Will never part with it...

:)

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
+1 for bass players!
....As well as some improvements regarding low frequency bypass for the effects.
You can already do that using a crossover block. Pan the low frequencies to one shunt. Then pan the other frequencies you want to process to the other shunt & place the effects at will.

Ed DeGenaro

Experienced
I'd love to see some wizard stuff...a sound city 120...Carr hammerhead...SSS...but that should be able to be done by using a SVT...a Calor 30 watter...or better their Ed D custom job 100 watter...and if course a THD Univalve and Flexi
Wassup....

Top Bottom