• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish Future Amp Models

sirus1987

Inspired
What would you guys like to see in future updates? I know they've pretty much covered all the bases already but there is still definitely some stuff I would like to see modeled like the PRS archon and the Laney Tony Iommi signature head (thing sounds amazing if you haven't already checked it out)

Kent

Inspired
None, honestly. There is no amplifier tone that would bring measurable value to the system at this point.

I'd like to see the equivalent investment in resource going toward further (if possible) code optimisation, increased ease of use for speedier and friendly workflow and refinement and expansion of the pedals and effects on offer. Oh, and let's not forget about the bassists out there. If new amps and cabs are to be explored, I'd like to see an expansion of the bass amp and cabinet offerings.

The things that I've outlined would do more for the product and perhaps more for the business.

TakaraGold

Experienced
Maybe a Sixsteelstringer, a G3d Hiwatt, and maybe retouching the whammy and advanced whammy in the pitch block? (I get pretty good whammy feel and effect, but tonally it could be better).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shask

Inspired
I agree that there are many great ones now, and I would rather see resources go to some other things, such as improve whammy and pitch droptuning.

However, if I had to pick amps, I would say more of the "rare" or "uncommon" modern high gain amps. PRS Archon, VHT Ultralead, Fortin amps, Randalls, more ENGLs, etc....

craiguitar

Power User
Maybe a Sixsteelstringer, a G3d Hiwatt, and maybe retouching the whammy and advanced whammy in the pitch block? (I get pretty good whammy feel and effect, but tonally it could be better).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've seen quite a few posts requesting a bit more work on the Whammy effect. I agree, It's OK but could be better....

Old News

Vintage/Historic amp collection (yes we already have vintage amps) -- but vintage amps are like wine -- every vintage year the flavor is different -- and every hand build amp from that vintage year offers some variant taste in flavor - this is especially true with the DNA amps - Fender and Marshall.

What would be cool if you can get some of the amps used on classic recordings (50s - through today) covering various genres (big band/jazz/oldies/Motown/funk/classic rock/country etc).

The actual amps and effects used on historic recordings collection

Now that would be something -- hell I would pay for that collection!

Last edited:

RDH

Fractal Fanatic
Vintage/Historic amp collection (yes we already have vintage amps) -- but vintage amps are like wine -- every vintage year the flavor is different -- and every hand build amp from that vintage year offers some variant taste in flavor - this is especially true with the DNA amps - Fender and Marshall.

What would be cool if you can get some of the amps used on classic recordings (50s - through today) covering various genres (big band/jazz/oldies/Motown/funk/classic rock/country etc).

The actual amps and effects used on historic recordings collection

Now that would be something -- hell I would pay for that collection!
+1
( "famous amps on classic recordings with "That special Mojo" )

Old News

+1
( "famous amps on classic recordings with "That special Mojo" )

You can even take it a step further -- do a special artist series (non-fractal users)

Niles Rogers (funk/r&b)
Brad Paisley (country - this guy is into serious boutique gear)
Rock & Roll Hall of fame series
etc etc etc

Do a major production - video/interview/gear/ settings on specific recordings etc

Look at this as a way - -this can become music's version of the digital library Mission and Objectives - World Digital Library

Some of the proceeds can go to charity (music ed in schools etc)

Again -- I would pay top dollar for this .

ssmorga78

Experienced
Honestly, I would like to see a '63 Bassman 6G6-b just because it is unique and there's nothing really in the box that can replicate it.......but that's just a personal want of mine.

L

Lionheart

I think with amps, our bases are covered.

I would like to see the SansAmp PSA-1 for bass guitar, though.

Someone already mentioned refining the "Drive" models and I highly agree with that.

That's about all I'd ask for.

admgloval

Inspired
Dump the recto models and get some more ENGL or newer Randall amps in there such as the Satan or 667. I have yet to be able to get a decent tone out of any of the recto models without heavy eq'ing/filtering and a drive pedal in front. I can't figure out why people like those amps, their just flubby tubby messes. The Mesa Mark series amps blow them out of the water, tight and razor sharp!

pneil2

Inspired
The original Egnator TOL100 had some brilliant tones, much better than their newer stuff. The Groove tubes Soulo75 was pretty sweet for singing low and mid gain stuff. The Dr. Maz18 is another favorite. Honestly I don't know that they'd really add much that's new too the Axes lineup, the they are a few old faves that I always liked. +1 on the Randall Satan. Cool amp.

Top Bottom