Funny story involving my son (Axe related)

retro_dad

Experienced
I thought I would share a funny story that made me laugh. So, a couple of weeks ago, user Tremonti had started a thread asking about how many negative db's everyone's levels were. I posted in that thread that I had discovered while checking my Global Settings that my Power Amp modeling had somehow been turned off which was resulting in me clipping quite a few of my presets. Once I turned the power amp modeling back on, and redialed in the levels, no more clipping and better amp sounds.

Thinking I was nuts, and not knowing how my power amp modeling got turned off, I've been checking Global, I/O, and the Utility screens religiously since then. Tonight, I checked and found that my instrument input had been turned up to 100%, where I usually have it around 50%. The following conversation then ensues between me and my wife:

Me: WTF? (Scratching head over setting change)
Wife: What's wrong?
M: Oh nothing, it's just some settings are screwy.
W: Oh, Jax (our four year old son) was playing with your "thing" over there (referring to the Axe-Fx) earlier tonight. He said he wanted to do Rock n' Roll like his daddy.
M: Wait, he had it turned on?
W: Yeah, it was on and he was pushing all the buttons and turning the knobs and stuff.

I should've known. He's a spitting image of me as a youth, always experimenting with electronics and taking things apart to learn how they work. I'm going to have to turn off the power strip when I leave for work and zip up the rack bag to take away the temptation for him. The darn kid makes it hard to get mad at him.

Back
Top Bottom