Funny axe behavior last night

gdgross

Experienced
Last night at rehearsal my axe just froze up. I was in the middle of playing a tune; I don't even think I was changing patches or sending MIDI commands or anything.

The screen went blank and it sounded like either my patch was set back to clean, or else the axe was in bypass mode. Restarting the axe fixed the problem and it didn't occur again.

Should I be worried?

Hmm not sure off the top of my head, I'll have to look tonight, but I don't think it was related to CPU usage. One amp, one cab, and probably 8 effects. I'd guess somewhere around 75% or less?

Computers occasionally crash. This can be due to a variety of factors including software bugs, hardware bugs, power interruption/glitches and cosmic rays. A one-time occurrence is nothing to be concerned with.

A follow up...

Yesterday I had some more funny behavior, but (possibly) different from before. I changed a couple of IA bypass states, via MIDI CC from my LF+12, and the output of the axe was very quiet. I fiddled around with a few of more IAs via MIDI CC and couldn't get it back to normal volume. Then, 30 sec later, it all came back to normal. This happened twice, on two separate presets.

Starting to get nervous....

Maybe check the values in Globals. I had a system memory chip go bad in my Axe-FX II and I found it resulted in weird Globals values, and Globals not saving properly. Not saying it's that, but doesn't hurt to check around in your various menus and see if you can spot any funny values/behaviors. If you do find anything contact support.

Back
Top Bottom