Funky strat into Fender Blackface patch

That sounds great, and superb playing too! What pickups do you use? I'm on a massive hunt for new pickups in my Strat, and I think I've tried about 15 different ones so far. You always get cool tones.

That sounds great, and superb playing too! What pickups do you use? I'm on a massive hunt for new pickups in my Strat, and I think I've tried about 15 different ones so far. You always get cool tones.

I actually just switched mine before this clip - I've got Lollar Blackfaces in now. Before that I had Van Zandt Vintage Plus, but the Lollar's seem clearer - like the proverbial blanket has been lifted off. Not a night/day difference, but better. This guitar came with Lace Sensors, which I didn't care for, then I tried Texas Specials (too tubby), and also had a Rio Grande Muy Grande splittable Humbucker in the bridge at one time. great pickup, but I wanted a true single coil sound at the bridge.

I've heard really good things about the Rocketfire pickups, so have a look at them maybe if you like the vintage strat sound. But I give the Lollars a thumbs up.

I actually just switched mine before this clip - I've got Lollar Blackfaces in now. Before that I had Van Zandt Vintage Plus, but the Lollar's seem clearer - like the proverbial blanket has been lifted off. Not a night/day difference, but better. This guitar came with Lace Sensors, which I didn't care for, then I tried Texas Specials (too tubby), and also had a Rio Grande Muy Grande splittable Humbucker in the bridge at one time. great pickup, but I wanted a true single coil sound at the bridge.

I've heard really good things about the Rocketfire pickups, so have a look at them maybe if you like the vintage strat sound. But I give the Lollars a thumbs up.

Funny, I have 6 Strat Plus guitars, and I've removed the Lace Sensors from all of them! I'll check out the Lollars. Thanks!

thanks - nope, not noise cancelling.

Hmmm. I like the tones of stock pickups in my select series Strat but I'm thinking of setting up a loaded alternate pickguard with noise cancelling pickups, because my man cave is EMI noisy. Lots of always on electronics. Since by listening to you I feel I can trust your tone judgement, do you have any experience with some good noise cancelling ones? I've been looking at Kinmans but worry about the customs brokerage nightmare shipping them from Australia.

Hmmm. I like the tones of stock pickups in my select series Strat but I'm thinking of setting up a loaded alternate pickguard with noise cancelling pickups, because my man cave is EMI noisy. Lots of always on electronics. Since by listening to you I feel I can trust your tone judgement, do you have any experience with some good noise cancelling ones? I've been looking at Kinmans but worry about the customs brokerage nightmare shipping them from Australia.

Sorry man, I've never had noiseless pickups. I've always just dealt with the hum ;)

Kinmans definitely are not cheap but I sure do like the MKIII's I picked up! Pun intended. :)

...and great playing Cainer! Stellar!

I sense some Chris Duarte Big Legged Woman in that... Great playing man...

YEAH! during his early days where he had a pair of those oddball Rivera designed Fender 75 amps with 15" speakers.

Thats the tone you're pulling..HA

Back
Top Bottom