Funky sound when first turned on.

Spanky437

When I turn on my FM9 the first preset that loads sounds all kinds of crazy, digital nasty. All scenes. If I load a different preset it fixes, then I can go back to the original and everything is fine. It didn’t do it the first couple days I had it, but every time the last couple of days. It’s only a minor inconvenience, but hoping it’s not the beginning of something else.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Is it an unaltered factory preset it’s starting on? If you can share the preset that’s causing your issues, others can check it.

Is it an unaltered factory preset it’s starting on? If you can share the preset that’s causing your issues, others can check it.
No it’s happened on 3 presets so far, none original factory ones. 1 from Austin Buddy, 1 from Burgs, 1 from the gift of tone series.

No it’s happened on 3 presets so far, none original factory ones. 1 from Austin Buddy, 1 from Burgs, 1 from the gift of tone series.
You are not telling us enough to be able to help.
  • Exactly WHICH presets? Did you modify them in any way?
  • What is the CPU % of the preset when it loads? What is it when you reload it?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the presets in question, ensuring that you load the FM9 version?
  • What have you done to try to isolate the problem or debug it? If so, what, and what was the result?
  • Is the modeler connected to anything else like a computer or amplifier or is it standalone? If there is another device connected to it, is it powered by the same circuit?
  • Have you reset the system settings back to the factory defaults?

Cool. Check out the post by @Greg Ferguson above. Share a little info and we’ll all try to get you sorted. Keep in my you can also call Fractal support, the first source for assistance or warranty help, and they will jump right on it too.

You are not telling us enough to be able to help.
  • Exactly WHICH presets? Did you modify them in any way?
  • What is the CPU % of the preset when it loads? What is it when you reload it?
  • Have you tried reinstalling the presets in question, ensuring that you load the FM9 version?
  • What have you done to try to isolate the problem or debug it? If so, what, and what was the result?
  • Is the modeler connected to anything else like a computer or amplifier or is it standalone? If there is another device connected to it, is it powered by the same circuit?
  • Have you reset the system settings back to the factory defaults?
Not trying to be a pain, new to FAS systems and am muddling my way through. I don’t have all this info (exact preset names, and all minor changes I made to them) at the moment, but will later when I’m home. I did have it connected to my laptop and headphones. To debug I switched to another preset and it stops. I can even go back to the first preset and it’s fine, it just seems to be a weird boot up thing. My cpu usage is definitely below 70% on all these, and I haven’t reinstalled them or reset anything.

I find that after switching to 4.0 and setting up delay blocks with EXP controls, my FM9 boots up with the delays full-on. When I switch to a different preset and then back, it is resolved. If you have any parameters with controllers, I would bet that is what you are getting.

I find that after switching to 4.0 and setting up delay blocks with EXP controls, my FM9 boots up with the delays full-on. When I switch to a different preset and then back, it is resolved. If you have any parameters with controllers, I would bet that is what you are getting.
I do! And that sounds like exactly what’s happening. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom