Fun with the Vocoder. Patch included.

i was trying to make a humorous pun (maybe rather clumsily), based on the fact that you had misspelled the word "bear" and written "bare" instead. with all the talk of "jizz" in the clip, i thought it might be amusing to draw attention to the misspelling, suggesting that it might be freudian slip. (perhaps you had "bare flesh" in ming when you made the clip?).
now you've made me explain it, it's even less funny than it was originally.
really bitchin' tonez though, dude!

Ah I see. Glad you like it. I think it's a pretty usable preset provided your setup accommodates this kinda thing. My live rig runs like this so it's no problem for me.

Works and sounds great.

I used a small Behringer mixer as mic pre.

Works and sounds great.

I used a small Behringer mixer as mic pre.

I used to use one of those for the same purpose but I now have an ART Tube MP Studio V mic pre mounted on my pedal board for the purpose of running vocals, Vocoder and Talkbox. The ART was the smallest good mic pre I could find that would fit on a pedal board, Very handy.

Glad you guys are liking the sounds. I think the Vocoder Block has been massively over looked so hopefully this will dust off the cobwebs a little and get more people using it.

I used to use one of those for the same purpose but I now have an ART Tube MP Studio V mic pre mounted on my pedal board for the purpose of running vocals, Vocoder and Talkbox. The ART was the smallest good mic pre I could find that would fit on a pedal board, Very handy.

QUOTE]

geamala, I would be interested to hear more about your setup, routing etc. It sounds interesting.

thanks

Oh ok. Well you can see my pedal board here....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...247.1073741826.100000490942422&type=1&theater

But of course it will need a little explaining....

Basically I run my guitar into the front input (as I'm sure most people do). I run a lead from the Fx Send to my pedal board which goes into my Talk box via my little home made patch bay (pictured top right). Then I have my Vocal Mic (vintage 57 w/ windshield) with the Talkbox tube attached. The mic feeds into the Mic pre on my board. The output of the Mic pre goes to the FX return (again via my little patch bay). I have a cable loom I made that takes the Send, Return and midi cable for my controller which makes setting up for a gig super quick and easy.

This means I can incorporate my vocal mic for things like vocal effects including Vocoder. This also means that my talkbox goes through the Axe Fx too which means I can put delays etc on it, (reverse delay on talkbox is pretty cool). Another advantage is that I can put a gate expander on my vocal line to ward off any feedback or any other unwanted sounds.

I run the whole setup FRFR straight to the desk or my RCF 310A wedges if need be.

The only addition to this not pictured is a line 6 G50 wireless. The output of the wireless also goes through the cable loom to the front input via the little patch bay. Nice and easy.

An extra note is that to run the talkbox like this you can simply route the guitar signal to the Fx Loop Block. I often setup a Vol Block controlled by my expression pedal to control the signal flow to the talkbox so I can fade it in and out. But of course you could set it up to be controlled with scenes.

I hope this all helps. I love this set up as it allows me to do so many things other than simply play typical rock guitar stuff and switch between them all at the touch of a switch. Yay!!

Last edited:
Could you just use the BB pre or tube drive models of the drive block to achieve the same thing as a real life mic pre?

Back
Top Bottom