Fun with my Axe 2 and Atomic Punk

Keith White

Experienced
My god this black box is amazing. I added the guitar part to this backing track to Van Halens Atomic Punk Solo.
This backing track without guitar is found at GuitarBackingTracks.com

you have to turn the phaser on to get this tone. I forgot to save the file with it on b4 I uploaded it.
Also, Cliff if you can help me with this please, for some reason Quantum 1.06 has thinned the sound out dearly. This was recorded in Quantum 1.05. Last night I updated the firmware to 1.06 and noticed a HUGE difference.....for the worse...in just this patch

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I would like to see that preset. One of the better VH tones I've heard. You got that juicy, amp sounds like it's going to explode thing that isn't present in most VH attempts.

Well thank you. I didn't write the patch however. It was originally posted by Romanian Reaper. It was written during FW 18 I believe. I have done some tweaking on it to make it match my guitar and speakers, I haven't played on it since Quantum came out until today. So some magic occurred with the tone with Quantum.
Here is the patch. By the way the guitar I am using on the recording is a 2014 Les Paul custom with Pickups:57 Classic, Super 57
in the bridge position.

Here is the old posting with the link to the original patch and Im The One I recorded during FW 18 so you can definitely here a new "fattening" to the tone that wasn't there before. There is also a "pick squeak or chirp" now that wasnt there before.
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...g-evh-patch-im-the-one-van-halen-cover.96936/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom