Fun News Item Of the Day

Grandpa used to describe the size of everything in terms of a calf. For instance, if he was describing a large dog, he would say it was "about as big as a calf." Or about a car, he would say it "could seat for calves comfortably." (Oh, that was another thing: how many calves could ride in something.)
One time he was talking about a calf he had, and I asked him how big it was. He said it was "about three-quarters as big as a calf."
Sometimes Grandpa would tell time by calves. If you asked him how long something would take, he'd say "About as long as it takes a calf to drive over here." - Jack Handey
Americans will do anything to avoid using the metric system, huh? :laughing:

If it weren’t for drugs Americans would know nothing about the metric system.
I used to work in a materials testing lab where we used both metric and Imperial measurements, but it wasn't until I got into a umm...different...business in the '80s that I learned there were 28 grams to an ounce. :D

My fun news item of the day……I changed lockers at work! I went from locker 4, which is on the bottom, to locker 9 which is on top! I called NASA and they hung up on me! 🤷‍♂️😀🎸🆒✅🆕🔝🇺🇸

This man is my hero!

The volcano on La Palma island in Spain started the eruption at lunch time. The woman enters into "OMG!" panic mode, and the man says calmly:
"There is time to eat, there is time to eat without problem" :cool:

That is the Spanish spirit! dos cojones for the things that really matter. If you're gonna die, die with your stomach full

For those who can read Spanish, the comments to the Tweet are the best part

E_qe_0AXEAEf2j1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom