FullRes IR vs. Reverb

Interesting - so it's very short (.1s) Plate Reverb, and the early level is way turned down, so it's mostly late levels of reverb, which I guess "late" is still pretty soon with that short delay time.

I had like 15 year pause in guitar playing, and after I got back, I very soon started using digital gear. So maybe I just forgot AITR sound years ago and don't miss it at all.
I have no idea what AITR is and never felt like I was missing something like it when I went digital, so I'm the worst person to ask if this stuff is better or worse. :D If I wanted ambience, I used reverb, and I was happy. Maybe I'm some sort of simpleton in that regard? :D

I have no idea what AITR is and never felt like I was missing something like it when I went digital, so I'm the worst person to ask if this stuff is better or worse. :D If I wanted ambience, I used reverb, and I was happy. Maybe I'm some sort of simpleton in that regard? :D
Ditto. I'm just super happy to be using a modeler that doesn't give me ear fatigue after 30 minutes.

Thank you for your experiment and time, OP. Excited to try this for myself this evening.

IMHO, AITR is highly overrated. I actually dislike it, and fought constantly with it when I used real amps and cabs. Don't miss it at all.

Why is it necessary for people to show up in these kinds of threads to crap on the topic?

If you don't need/like/desire the experience of playing a traditional guitar amp in a real space- cool. Nobody here is trying to convince you that you need it but here you are essentially crapping on people who still love the experience of a real amp in a real space and would like to experience it more conveniently with these modern tools.

I don't get it.

Why is it necessary for people to show up in these kinds of threads to crap on the topic?

If you don't need/like/desire the experience of playing a traditional guitar amp in a real space- cool. Nobody here is trying to convince you that you need it but here you are essentially crapping on people who still love the experience of a real amp in a real space and would like to experience it more conveniently with these modern tools.

I don't get it.
Welcome to social media. Enjoy your stay.

:cool:

I don't get it.
Why is it necessary for people to show up in these kinds of threads to crap on two (actually more) people agreeing with each other on an opinion directly related to the topic?

I don't get it.

;)

I don't get it.

Why is it necessary for people to show up in these kinds of threads to crap on two (actually more) people agreeing with each other on an opinion directly related to the topic?

I don't get it.

;)

Can't we all just get along?

I liked A better, I thought it was a little smoother.
Great experiment and convinced me that I don't need to sell my Axe III MK1.

I don't get it.
Unless I'm mistaken, this is the first post FractalAudio/Cliff has ever given a reaction to.

So maybe screenshot it, print it, frame it, treasure it. Lol

The various threads on FullRes IR's and simulating the room via the reverb block is proving to be a fascinating dive into both achieving 'room sound' via convolution and/or a reverb block. Putting some 'eyes and ears' on this subject is yielding some stunning results for sure and I hope the momentum keeps up.

I myself preferred "A" overall as I felt it sounded less 'processed' but either sound samples are absolutely usable. Like auditioning IR's, you have to give the ears a few seconds of rest before bouncing between the reverb block and FullRes I'm finding.

The wiki has some useful info about room simulation too:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reverb_block#Room_ambience

I'm thinking that there are a lot of very useful, and perhaps some surprising, results with further exploration via the reverb block, and/or improvements/functionality that could be introduced to that block. Or, perhaps a custom "Room" block that optimizes the required parameters, and/or has new additions/features/functionality, to simulate room environments could be in order...??? That would be amazing...

I find being able to separate the room effect from the cabinet IR and get AITR-type of results highly desirable; the room isn't 'baked in' to the cab IR, and keeping that separate but with absolute control over of room reflections, etc. could unleashe a ton of creative, tangible benefits. Also, those that cannot process FullRes IR's would be able to tap into this stuff....

Very cool all around...keep it coming FAS and forum people...interesting stuff.

The various threads on FullRes IR's and simulating the room via the reverb block is proving to be a fascinating dive into both achieving 'room sound' via convolution and/or a reverb block. Putting some 'eyes and ears' on this subject is yielding some stunning results for sure and I hope the momentum keeps up.

I myself preferred "A" overall as I felt it sounded less 'processed' but either sound samples are absolutely usable. Like auditioning IR's, you have to give the ears a few seconds of rest before bouncing between the reverb block and FullRes I'm finding.

The wiki has some useful info about room simulation too:
https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Reverb_block#Room_ambience

I'm thinking that there is a lot of very useful, and perhaps some surprising, results with further exploration via the reverb block, and/or improvements/functionality that could be introduced to that block.

I find being able to separate the room effect from the cabinet IR and get AITR-type of results highly desirable; the room isn't 'baked in' to the cab IR, and keeping that separate but with absolute control over of room reflections, etc. could unleashe a ton of creative, tangible benefits. Also, those that cannot process FullRes IR's would be able to tap into this stuff....

Very cool all around...keep it coming FAS and forum people...interesting stuff.
You're right, and I look forward to learning more about it all as we matriculate through the reverb settings.

Related Note - one can google for Jay Mitchell's reverb tips/tricks/settings in regards to room simulations and discover a wealth of knowledge in setting up your reverb for such a thing.

. Or, perhaps a custom "Room" block that optimizes the required parameters, and/or has new additions/features/functionality, to simulate room environments could be in order...??? That would be amazing...
The Rec Studio C setting in the reverb block is what I use if I wanna put on headphones and zone out. Mix at 100 percent, adjust reverb tail to taste. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom