FullRes IR - it is gonna happen?

I find they sound nice when used with headphones but since the options are limited I only use them if I use the matching cab.

I tried to create my own but they ended up weird (way more reverb than I hear in the room and also strange lo-fi tail) so I can't use them.

To me the issue is that there isn't a whole lot of guidance on how to create them or best ways to use. I get that they could be used for a lot of stuff including IRs from a Bricasti reverb but I would definitely like some guides.

@Vallhallir do you have any tips on how to best create Fullres IRs? Mic placement etc?

Hi, all. The addition of FullRes capability in the AX3 a few firmware upgrades ago seemed like it was a pretty big deal… AITR and all that. Pretty processor-intensive, it seems, which I always assumed was part of the thinking behind the Turbo hardware model. But... haven’t really seen much on the FullRes IR front since and there doesn’t seem to be a surge in FullRes IR packs available yet from 3rd parties. Any thoughts on this and the future of FullRes in the AX3 ecosystem?
I supplied some factory FullRes IRs in the Legacy bank to help with some of the main cab types, and my newer packs now include FullRes stereo room captures.

They’re great for adding some stereo ambience to your tone with a little more personality than what you’d get by using a Room Reverb. I like them a lot.

I immediately bought all the York IR packs that are related to the factory full res IRs. I think they add to the sound in many scenarios. They are not for tight modern metal sounds, but work so well in many other genres.

Back
Top Bottom