Full song! -=MAGNA=- Herbie/Cameron/QUANTUM/Skervesen/Dingwall/Ownhammer

AAAAANND... a mix update again (same link in post 1).

Would love input on the mix and whether or not the intro works in context. I'm up in the air about it. :)

I like it a lot, nice song :)

The wav image representation of your recorded dynamics, looks similar to how mine appear in wav form, by your drums and guitar chugs are much more percussive and I can feel the speaker pushing out with the kick and so forth. Using old Sony V6 headphones to listen today.

I know I tend to "over compress" my mixes in LOGIC. Partly due to using off the shelf plug-ins that do everything as a preset - compress/limit/eq/effects for each input or output.

I'd love to watch someone work in a DAW, like you, or like Clark Kent, so I could end up with better finished and "pro" mixes where I haven't squished the life out of everything. LOL

It sounds great!!!

I personally like the intro, but the bass part not so much. And for some reason there is a few places the volume dips, which messes with me. Example :10 secs, :18, etc. Your mixing is always great!

I like it a lot, nice song :)

Thanks!!

The wav image representation of your recorded dynamics, looks similar to how mine appear in wav form, by your drums and guitar chugs are much more percussive and I can feel the speaker pushing out with the kick and so forth. Using old Sony V6 headphones to listen today.

I know I tend to "over compress" my mixes in LOGIC. Partly due to using off the shelf plug-ins that do everything as a preset - compress/limit/eq/effects for each input or output.

I'd love to watch someone work in a DAW, like you, or like Clark Kent, so I could end up with better finished and "pro" mixes where I haven't squished the life out of everything. LOL

It sounds great!!!

Thank you! :) I'm actually releasing a Superior Drummer patch tutorial maybe today or tomorrow :)

I personally like the intro, but the bass part not so much. And for some reason there is a few places the volume dips, which messes with me. Example :10 secs, :18, etc. Your mixing is always great!

Thanks! Ya, that is a little bare there and not so creative but the singer dug it so I'm waiting to see what he comes up with over it. I still might update it when I get to final mix.

Yeah man, the more I think about it, I'd remove the intro, save that for another song idea. Maybe fade in the bass part though, let the vocalist do his thing. Either way putting vocals on the track will totally change things as you know. As always, great work! Will check it out when its finished.

Yeah man, the more I think about it, I'd remove the intro, save that for another song idea. Maybe fade in the bass part though, let the vocalist do his thing. Either way putting vocals on the track will totally change things as you know. As always, great work! Will check it out when its finished.

Precisely what I was thinking about the intro... I dig it and wanted to use it more as misdirection, but maybe the vibes are too drastic. Vocals may tie it in, but we'll see. I might just come up with a new part there. I'm glad to hear someone else thought the same thing :)

Hey, what ir/cab you using?

BTW, picked up the the Mills EWH Today, very nice man!
I'm going to really enjoy this cab, just not sure how easy its going to be picking a few. They sound really good.

Back
Top Bottom