full control over the dynamics for supper light picking?

Bcraig

Inspired
I am been learning to pick very very softly I was wondering What settings or parameters in the advance or any parameters that are in Axe Edit on Ares 2.00 that You guys have found to have full control over the dynamics for supper light picking
Without very noticeable volume jumps as I go from picking very lightly to gradually go picking harder

Dynamics" I mean (touch sensitivity/responsiveness)

And What Clean Amps are gear towards this goal to begin with before I start to add dirt to the clean tone palette

note: and I will be posting up youtube unlisted video on asking more questions

Try putting a compressor block at the very beginning of your effect chain. Compressors do the very thing you're trying to achieve: keeping the volume the same despite picking lightly or aggressively. If you've never used a Compressor before, you might want to Google it or watch some Youtube videos on how they work.

Here's the Axe FX wiki for Compressor blocks: https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Compressor_block

What settings or parameters in the advance or any parameters that are in Axe Edit on Ares 2.00 that You guys have found to have full control over the dynamics for supper light picking
Without very noticeable volume jumps as I go from picking very lightly to gradually go picking harder

Dynamics" I mean (touch sensitivity/responsiveness)
Try putting a compressor block at the very beginning of your effect chain. Compressors do the very thing you're trying to achieve: keeping the volume the same despite picking lightly or aggressively.
Yep, compressors! Play around with them a LOT to get familiar with how they affect your sensitivity and tone

Once you get familiar with compressors and how they affect it, you may find that you prefer different compression settings for light picking and heavy picking (I know I do). I made a preset on my Axe FX II that had two compressors in parallel at the beginning of the chain, one with settings that complimented my finger style playing, and one with settings that worked better for heavier picking. I then merged the two parallel paths for the rest of the signal chain and mapped the output level of each comp block (inversely) to an expression pedal so I could blend between the two blocks. It was cool! This thread may have inspired me to recreate it on the Axe FX III. I used either a Matchless, AC20, or AC30 model; I can’t remember.

Back
Top Bottom