Full control over LittleGiant and Axe-FX with just 2 cables.

ossandust

I am currently testing the extended USB possibilities of the Little Giant 2 with an Axe-FX. I turned the LG into a full 2x2 MIDI-USB interface. Actually it's a 3x3 interface (the PC shows 3 IN ports and 3 OUT ports), but 1 set of ports is dedicated for sending LittleGiant patchdumps and firmware updates. The other 2 ports are linked to the 2 MIDI IN and MIDI OUT connectors of the Little Giant, so that part acts like a real 2x2 MIDI-USB interface.

The connections :
- one USB cable from LittleGiant to PC
- one 7-pins MIDI cable from LittleGiant to Axe-FX.

With these 2 cables connected, you can do the following SIMULTANEOUSLY :
- have active 2-way communication and phantom power between LittleGiant and Axe-FX
- have ControlCenter open to modify LG setups (using USB ports IN3 and OUT3)
- have Axe-Edit open to modify Axe-FX setups (using USB ports IN1 and OUT1, forwarded to the 7-pins MIDI cable)
- you can even have a third application open and controlled by the LG, using USB ports IN2 and OUT2 and the 2 extra MIDI connectors. I have been testing this with MIDI-OX.

This makes life very easy during setup. I don't think it can get any simpler actually.
This is still in a testing phase, I will need some more time to make the extended routing possibilities fully customizable. But I'm glad to say "it works on my machine" :)

:drool: :shock:

You definitely have me thinking seriously about the new LG v2. I assume there will be Windows 7 support? That is one of the hurdles I currently face -- AXE-EDIT crashing under Windows 7 due to my poor MIDI driver implementation.

steverosburg said:
:drool: :shock:

You definitely have me thinking seriously about the new LG v2. I assume there will be Windows 7 support? That is one of the hurdles I currently face -- AXE-EDIT crashing under Windows 7 due to my poor MIDI driver implementation.
I must admit that I didn't do any testing on Windows7 yet. But there's a LittleGiant owner who did extensive testing on several platforms, and he reported that he got everything working fine. He tested :
- XP 32 bit
- Vista 64 bit
- Windows 7 64 bit
- Windows 7 32 bit XP mode (virtual machine)

Great work Xavier.
That would certainly simplify things.
That and the thousands of presets, stompboxes, songs,......
Great stuff!!!

And this is the reason I've already sent my LG1 to Xavier for an upgrade. Just waiting for the Mac-editor :cool:

God, I love this little amazing midi-controller!

I got my v2 last week - now the only thing I'm still waiting for is the Mac -editor, or something Mac compatible...
The LG is a great tool!

Happy LG2 user here!
It's a blast not having to swap MIDI cables at the back of the Axe-Fx anymore.
Just one USB-cable from PC to LG, and one 7-pins MIDI-cable to/from LG and Axe. Works fine.
And even better when the LG Control Center and Axe-Edit can run simultaneously, soon.

WOW! That sounds great!

Congrats Ossandust!

I wish I had a need for a new controller instead of just a wish. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom