Full Circle - Recto New Metal Idea

xpenno

Power User
Well I decided to record a clip of one of my new patches as I've not recorded an actual "song" idea for a long time now!

It's a metal idea using recto new and stock cabs. The name is in relation to the fact that I started out with stock cabs and was happy and I then moved to user IRs from various sources and have been messing with my sound more that I've been playing. I thought they would sound 'better' cause they were paid for but in fact the sheer number available crippled me and I was not getting tones I was happy with. Anyway I was messing with some built-in cabs last week and came up with a couple of combos that are really working out for me. I have coupled these with info from Radley's excellent threads on EQ and Reverb and 2 years P.A. (Post Axe) my tone quest seems to be coming to an end (until 9.01 of course!) :D

Anyways the idea is just that, I'm not a metal guitarist by trade, the arrangement could probably do with some tweaking but I'm finally happy with my tone and feeling creative again because of this :twisted:

Have a listen and let me know what you think?

http://www.eclecticbluemusic.co.uk/fullcircle.mp3

Cheers

Spence

Preset Added

[attachment=0:3gi5ihjq]RectoNew.syx[/attachment:3gi5ihjq]

Attachments

• RectoNew.syx
    2 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top Bottom