Fuchs Triple Drive Supreme and FX8

Hi Guys,

I am waiting for my B-Stock FX8 to arrive soon and needed some information on using controllers on FX8:

1. Since I've never used Effects Loop before and intend on using FX8 with 4CM, what would be best settings on the amp, series or parallel, and what should be position of knob level on amp?

2. The rear panel of the amp doesn't have option to insert quarter inch jack to control channels or tonal parameters as it is supplied with footswitch which connects using 6-pin XLR. What is advised in this case?

Any other suggestions on FX8 settings using Fuchs TDS would be helpful.

Thanks,
VaMi

When given the choice I've always preferred the sound of effects through a series loop. You can try it either way and choose what works for you. If you do choose series then the send/return knobs don't do anything.

I'm in the same boat regarding switching amp functions. My Ecstasy uses a 7 pin XLR connection for it's controller. Eventually I'll get an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. That will allow me to use Midi commands to control the amp. You might be in the same boat.

I'm not familiar with your amp and just got my FX8 but as I understand it the FX8 has four relays to control amp functions. If that all you need then contact Fuchs and ask them if they can supply you with a cable that plugs in to the FX8 and which switching method you need to use to control the amp. It's usually Latching or Momentary...

I'm in the same boat regarding switching amp functions. My Ecstasy uses a 7 pin XLR connection for it's controller. Eventually I'll get an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. That will allow me to use Midi commands to control the amp. You might be in the same boat.

I've used the mini amp gizmo with my TC G-System to control channel/boost settings on my Bogner Goldfinger amp. I was in the same boat with only the 7 pin input on the amp to control these things. It has always worked great! I'm in the process of replacing my G-System with the FX8 and plan to tackle configuring the min amp gizmo with it this week. I'm sure it will work just as well with the FX8 to control the amp settings.

I've used the mini amp gizmo with my TC G-System to control channel/boost settings on my Bogner Goldfinger amp. I was in the same boat with only the 7 pin input on the amp to control these things. It has always worked great! I'm in the process of replacing my G-System with the FX8 and plan to tackle configuring the min amp gizmo with it this week. I'm sure it will work just as well with the FX8 to control the amp settings.

Configuring the FX8 to control my amp with the mini amp gizmo was very easy using the FX8-edit! I now have one footswitch on my FX8 that toggles between clean/dirty channels and another to toggle the amp volume boost. I can finally sell my G-System!

Thanks Guys,

Got the reply from Andy Fuchs, he makes breakout boxes that work seamlessly with different foot switchable features of TDS and can be used with TRS cables instead of 7 Pin Connectors.
I'm not sure how Mini Amp Gizmo would be used to assign and control all the 6 features that are available with TDS footswitch.

Thanks Guys,

Got the reply from Andy Fuchs, he makes breakout boxes that work seamlessly with different foot switchable features of TDS and can be used with TRS cables instead of 7 Pin Connectors.
I'm not sure how Mini Amp Gizmo would be used to assign and control all the 6 features that are available with TDS footswitch.
The mini amp gizmo also uses an XLR connector. I forget how many pins but you would need the Fuchs connector on one end and the RJM connector on the other end. RJM sells cables for a bunch of amps they may make on for yours...

The mini amp gizmo also uses an XLR connector. I forget how many pins but you would need the Fuchs connector on one end and the RJM connector on the other end. RJM sells cables for a bunch of amps they may make on for yours...

The mini amp gizmo does not have an XLR connector. It has midi in/out/thru (to connect to midi out of FX8) and a special (midi-like with additional pins) output that connects the gizmo to your amp. If RJM doesn't already have a cable to fit your amp they will likely make it for you (as they made mine for me).

The mini amp gizmo does not have an XLR connector. It has midi in/out/thru (to connect to midi out of FX8) and a special (midi-like with additional pins) output that connects the gizmo to your amp. If RJM doesn't already have a cable to fit your amp they will likely make it for you (as they made mine for me).
Thats pretty much what I said. I didn't mention the Midi connections because thats sorta the whole point of adding a mini amp gizmo... They use an 8 pin switching jack (8 pin XLR) to interface with whatever amp you're using. Yes they do make a cable for my Ecstasy...

Back
Top Bottom