Wish Fryette SIG:X

[Sandman]

Your wonderful processors are in short supply of Fryette amplifiers (VHT), so I would like to offer such a multifunctional, multifaceted amplifier like the Fryette SiG: X.

As an explanation, an interview about an amplifier works well.

D7: This is a clear channel. What new opportunities does this channel provide?

S.F .: This is a pure SiG: X channel ... SiG: X is a multichannel amplifier, but it's not just about its capabilities. SiG: X is an instrument itself, and you should probably play it like a musical instrument. You go up to an amplifier and first of all see the numerous control knobs, but in reality playing through this amplifier you will rather feel it as one with the guitar. By adjusting these or those settings, by changing the boost, you will posteriorly grope for the very sound you need. And the possibilities of these adjustments allow you to completely find exactly your very sound.

D7: I know this channel will please a whole bunch of people who play music from blues to hard rock in the spirit of Blackmore ... Can you say something about the rhythm channel?

S.F .: What I would like to do first ... We will go through all sounds from clean to maximum overdrive. This will allow you to see all the capabilities of the amplifier. So, the rhythm channel ... We hear the same clear sound as on the clean channel ... The idea is to make a smooth transition from a clean sound to an overloaded rhythm channel sound. For a guitarist, or easier to say for a musician, it makes no difference where to play. And the settings allow the amplifier to fulfill all the whims of the musician, and not vice versa, when you need to rush from one sound to another on different channels ... We gradually increase the overload ... Now the Lead channel ... And again we start with a clean sound. Each channel itself is already an instrument and the guitarist has the opportunity to prepare his own sound on any of the channels ... It is not the amplifier that builds the musician, but vice versa. There is no need for a musician to clearly subdivide channels - into pure, rhythm and Lead channels. He can focus on finding the sound that suits him in all modes of the amplifier on all channels ...

D7: Tell me Fryette turns on like VHT or more?

SF: Good question ... It depends on the amp designer ... My name never appeared in the foreground before ... It was in the shadow of the brand name ... Now, when it's on the front of the amp, it looks you right in the face ... It is no longer in the shadow and in this is my attitude, and at the same time it is the answer to your question. It should light up better ...

D7: Well, perhaps so ... Good luck with this successful endeavor

JMR - impressions of the Fryette SiG: X

JMR - Jason Richardson (JMR) composer and session musician. Main amplifier Cornford MK50. Has friendships or work with Greg Howe, Ritchie Kotzen, Tony McApine, Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan, Nuno Bettencourt, Shane Gibson, Bumblefoot and others

D7: Jason could you tell us about the rhythm channel.

JMR: Okay, but let's start in order. The Fryette SiG: X is a three channel amplifier. There are three independent channels. Each of the channels has its own equalizer, boost control, power switch 40/100 watts. Take a clean channel, for example. I can change the character of the clean channel sound. First, normal sound, then turn on the Fat switch ... The sound becomes more rounded. The sound changes slightly when we switch from 100 watts to 40 watts. In the 100 watt mode a semiconductor rectifier is used, in the 40 watt mode - a lamp ...

D7: This sound seems quite appealing and not at all typical compared to what VHT usually practiced. The clean channel now looks much more versatile

JMR: Yes, the amplifier is quite versatile and what is especially attractive is that its price is in the region of 2 mowers. Usually people want to buy a Pittbull Ultralead because of its incredible versatility ... This amp is just as versatile ... There are many cool settings here. Two levels of gain control ...

D7: Could you show the rhythm channel in practice?

JMR: Not a question. First, a few sounds typical of classic rock ... Here's the burn, live, vintage switch ... let's take live for example ... This switch gives the sound the character of an overdriven plexiton, if you turn on the booster - I can already play metallic ..

D7: Any example from Metallica?

JMR: No problem.

D7: Are there any changes in the sound of Fryette compared to the sound of VHT?

JMR: There is no ... Fryette SiG: X is still released in the same way as it was manufactured by VHT.

Last edited:
I fear this will never happen, because Steven Fryette does not hand out his schematics. This for a good reason, because his amps are built with a lot of knowledge and are not just a futher copy of a tuned Marshall. Just one modeled channel of a 50CL would be enough for all my needs. These amps can do whatever you want to and are quick and easy to dial in.
"Are there any changes in the sound of Fryette compared to the sound of VHT?"
When I had two VHT Pittbull CL and bought a new Fryette Pittbull CL for durability, I was disappointed. Both older ones sounded so much better in my ears, that I had to send it back. The older amps worked flawless until I sold them four years later and they were carried around and played a lot.

I fear this will never happen, because Steven Fryette does not hand out his schematics. This for a good reason, because his amps are built with a lot of knowledge and are not just a futher copy of a tuned Marshall. Just one modeled channel of a 50CL would be enough for all my needs. These amps can do whatever you want to and are quick and easy to dial in.
When I had two VHT Pittbull CL and bought a new Fryette Pittbull CL for durability, I was disappointed. Both older ones sounded so much better in my ears, that I had to send it back. The older amps worked flawless until I sold them four years later and they were carried around and played a lot.
Luckily I have a sig:x and a cl100, so the having a Deliverance in my FM3 is nice.

The UL is just the ultimate heavy tone and would be a nice touch/bonus.

Interesting. I was under the impression that there have been no changes to the VHT designs since the company became Fryette.

Steve h
Interesting. I was under the impression that there have been no changes to the VHT designs since the company became Fryette.
Steve has deff made tweaks over the years, but not full design changes (adding things like on the Deliverance II). I think pretty much everyone can agree that some older models sound "different" from newer models. A lot of it has to do with the tube selection he uses.

Back
Top Bottom