Fryette or VHT TwoFiftyTwo (2/50/2)

deleted

Inspired
I wrote it in another thread but maybe this gains a bit more attention this way.
I have a 2/50/2 here and would like to know if someone can say what are the most neutral settings on those?
Respectively what are the best settings to use it with an AFII? On the wiki I read a comment from Cliff to leave Presence/Depth knobs down on tube power amps but if using a Mesa it would be better to set them to noon, because otherwise it will cut things. Is it the same with the 2/50/2 or is this a power amp where you have to set those knobs down all the way?
I think that it works a bit better if I set them to noon but would like to read your comments anyway :- )

Thanks!

Having owned/still own most of the Fryette poweramps, I will just say you need to dial it in to taste. For me, I always start at Noon and adjust accordingly as it will highly depend on your cabinet and listening environment. And remember to do this at gig volume, or at least 90db.

The 2/50/2 is not particularly neutral, even with the 6L6 tubes, but that doesn't mean you can't get what you want with the AxeFX. My AxeFX/Fryette rig has always sounded the best to me, but I largely run a GT1000FX now due to size and weight issues with the Fryette.

For me, I usually ran the 2/50/2 (EL34 version) with the depth at 1 o'clock and the presence at 11 o'clock. YMMV.

Good luck and just remember to use your ears!

Back
Top Bottom