Fryette LXII

deleted

Inspired
Just noticed that Fryette announced to release the LXII power amp.
As I've noticed in some threads across the forum that people are interested in that unit, I thought it would be a nice information :)

Now that I have a powerstation I can't say I'll be purchasing one. Another 1u stereo tube power is being released by synergy amps too.

..maybe they will finally release the LXII after namm
I've been waiting for this poweramp since it was announced, 2 years ago (?)

I saw one at NAMM in 2015. It was just in the rack....not hooked up to anything. So it could have been a shell...don't know.

I kinda lost confidence in that company due to the wierd way this amp was announced years ago with nothing ever done after and then sketchy talk on and off afterward about it actually getting built. Doesn't seem they are serious about it. I gave up waiting and bought a Matrix.

I have quite a few of Steve's amps and other gear and his shop is just down the street from me. He is up to his ears in alligators, and is currently going great guns on the Power Station V1 & V2, and the GPDI units. He also is nearing production for the Sound City 100 watt amp heads, which are sick! Everything this guy does is spot on. He's not like Bill Gates, who releases products when they're half ready and full of bugs. I have had my deposit in on the new LXII unit for longer than I care to admit :D The LXII is the next product release down the line. I'm temporarily using a Matrix GT800 FX, but I'm waiting for the LXII, I expect it to sound better than the Matrix.

$1399 is extremely expensive for a power amp.

Yes it is but if Fryette pulls off a 2 channel version of the power station, in one rack space, reliably, he would have pulled off a master stroke.

My opinion is that the LXii may still be a while away. I cannot help but think that transformers that small, for that power, may not be as good a proposition as the practicality affords.

If he does pull it off I'd be tempted.

if Fryette pulls off a 2 channel version of the power station, in one rack space, reliably, he would have pulled off a master stroke.
I don't remember reading anywhere that it was a 2 channel "power station", simply a stereo 1RU amp. That being the case I too think it's to expensive.

I went to Fryette Amplifier Design today and saw this prototype LX II unit with my own eyes and photographed it with my own iPhone! This is one sexy beast.

IMG_2766.jpg

sadly these are just too costly if they ever even make it out the door.

@yek - have you compared q7 with your matrix vs the fryette ps?

Played Q7 through the Matrix and it sounded excellent. With the PS it would be even (slightly) better, I guess, but the Matrix is more practical at the moment.

I have a Matrix GT800 FX, and as soon as the LX II is on the shelf, I'll be bringing one home. I'll post a few comparisons of various presets with the LX II vs the GT800 FX.

Back
Top Bottom