Fryette LXII anyone?

cgraci

Inspired
Hey just wondering if anyone heard any info this power amp thats coming out. Any ideas if it will sound good with the axefx?

Recent post about Fryette might be having some kind of "issue" not sure if it's this exact product but it will be interesting to see if it does actually go to market.

I think this product has been in the "Its coming" category for like 5 years now. I would look at something else until it actually exists......

Yes I pretty much have zero faith in anything fryette... We are limited in the tube power amp market though. Mesa seems to be the only solid option.

Yes I pretty much have zero faith in anything fryette... We are limited in the tube power amp market though. Mesa seems to be the only solid option.

That Freyette Power Station looks like a pretty cool new product, and would make for a good power amp. However, it is not a rack unit (Unless you add the rack mounting kit), and is Mono.

Right I've looked at it and thought about it. I don't like it being 2u and mono. Between the GPDI thing and the LXII I just don't know whats going on with them...

At NAMM, it was announced that Egnater is re-launching their modular amp line and will call it Synergy. Part of the line, in addition to new modules from both Egnater and other amp builders, will be a 1U tube power amp designed by Fryette but built/sold under the Synergy label. I would guess this new power amp might share some of the R&D that went into the LXII. There was a recent thread on Hugeracks where Dave Friedman said they are working hard on all this stuff and plan to release it as soon as they can:

HRI • Huge Racks Inc • View topic - Egnater synergy preamps

Personally, I would love to see a nice 1U tube power amp that I could use with my Axe II. I have both a CLR powered wedge and a Randall RT2/50 that I use with my Axe depending on the gig. I am happy to use the CLR if I need to, but the Axe/Randall combo with a nice cab really sounds huge. Only thing I don't like about the Randall is the weight. So a 1U tube poweramp at half the weight could be really cool.

jesus christ. I was looking forward to it. I'm not surprised they are having issues though. I suffered many electrocutions from trying to fix my 2/90/2. There power amps sound f---ing awesome though

Back
Top Bottom