Fryette D60M tweaking to sound like Sig: X ???

Orvillain

Power User
So I've been using the Fryette D60M quite a bit recently. I recorded our last album with a Sig: X (and later sold it, IDIOT!) and these two are incredibly close! But it's not quite the same sound on the high-gain side of things. Anyone got any tips on how to tweak it to sound similar to the Siggy?

I don't have one to hand, but I did do it with the Das Metall model and my realworld Diezel D-Moll, so it got me thinking I could get close to the Siggy sound.

Hey man what does the Sig:X sound like compared to the D60M? Ive never heard one before.

I love the Deliverance, especially the thick feel of it. Its super tight though...just a tad tight for me since I play mostly rock and blues and was wanting it to be just a tiny bit looser so I turned up the Sag dial and used Cliffs Character freq settings to make the fizz on the high end just a little smoother.

What IRs are you using with it? Ive finally found a mix I really like as the Fryette can sound super aggressive and heavy metal with certain IRs and I prefer it more vintage sounding so I use a mix of :

( Ownhammer Bogner G12M WF R121 + Ownhammer Ultrares V30)

Actually I've found this mix to sound great with just about anything mid to high gain. For my tastes at least.

I owned a sig x before my ultra, loved that amp. It has different power tubes than the Deliverance, so start there

Back
Top Bottom