Fryette building 1U power tube amp for Axe?

I agree I think that's a bit steep for what you're getting. I'm tempted to just look for one of the older 2/50 2 VHT power amps that took both El34's and 6l6's
I see them go for under a grand pretty routinely used.
$1,299.00 is MAP is that what they are going to sell for though?

Where is the cooling on this new fryette. Noise etc that s issue i had with my mesa 20/20

anyone know

95% i'm using my stuf at low volume

I am almost to the point of giving up on my Matrix gt800fx into my guitar cabs. I've tweaked and tweaked, even used patches tweaked by others that supposedly work well with the matrix and this setup. I'm looking to get a dynamic raw amp feel.
I play loud. So naturally I wanna hear it loud, right between the eyes, no compromise.

I decided to buy a VHT 2/90/2 and compare. I can't imagine a better power amp to do the job.

I am almost to the point of giving up on my Matrix gt800fx into my guitar cabs. I've tweaked and tweaked, even used patches tweaked by others that supposedly work well with the matrix and this setup. I'm looking to get a dynamic raw amp feel.
I play loud. So naturally I wanna hear it loud, right between the eyes, no compromise.

I decided to buy a VHT 2/90/2 and compare. I can't imagine a better power amp to do the job.

I agree that was the reason I sent the gt1000 back after a week and asked for a refund.

The Mesa 20/20 power amp I use into guitar cabs with V30s has a better response at band level volume and I couldn't,t give it up.

Yep, to be honest my 800 never really lived up to the 2/90/2 like everyone said it would. It got pretty close, close enough for me to think the 1000 or the RC might work.

If I have to go back to tubes I'll probably go for the Carvin TS100, though, because it is bridgeable to 100 watts (don't really need that extra channel/weight) and much cheaper.

As someone with a 2/50/2 and a 2/90/2 and a GT1000FX, the 2/90/2 is IMHO the sonic winner. I did play 3 gigs in the past 2 weeks with the GT1000FX and was able to get about 95% of the way there and was able to cut about 30lbs out of the rack. I will determinately try the new 1u Fryette at any price.

Back
Top Bottom