AFIII Fryer Treble Boosters straight to the front end of the Axe-FX III MKII. Bliss

Burgs

Power User
I make guitar gear demos for a living when I'm not on the road. I'm guessing some of you knew that already. Everyday I'm faced with the 'what amp or setup is going to show off this pedal best' question. The videos aren't about me, they're about the product, so it comes first. Treble boosters and fuzzes are all the rage again at the moment. Maybe because they're easy to build, I don't know. That's cool, though, because I love them and they're fun. And the Axe loves them too - straight to Input 1. They pump out tons of volume and the Axe's input LEDs are in the red more often than not but you'd never know. It just sucks 'em up and sounds amazing. I usually run JTM or AC30 models for those demos. Klon clones, modern overdrives, distortions, modulation and delay devices - they're all great in a loop placed just about anywhere in the Axe's signal path. But old-school fuzzes and treble boosters aren't as happy there - but they're VERY happy up the front of the queue between the guitar and Input 1. Take this video for example: Greg Fryer Treble Boosters to my own version of Mr May's AC's. Rock!

One thing I love about those tones is how they're bright and sparkly with guitar volume down, and fill out on the bottom when you crank it up. Cool stuff.

Glad to see Greg's name on this forum. Been using his Treble Booster Deluxe for more than 10 years. Pairs really well not only with a Brian May style guitar but also with a Strat/Les Paul connected to Marshalls. Highly recommended when you're in need of a treble booster.

IMG_1248.jpg

Back
Top Bottom