Frye-eee-tttteeee ! 412S with Eminence(TM) P50E

And got it!
Quality outstanding-as expected. Another jewel for the sound-collectors treasure chest, revealing different facets than .others.
Clearly a must have for all metalheads! But it delivers sweet sound as well with the "Dweezilator" or the Blankenship. I highly recommend this one for all those using headphones and doing recordings via USB.
Love it. Gonna get addicted!

Just saw that you made the teaser pack available once again. Did you include an IR of the Fryette as well? Already have the "old" teaser box and am considering getting the full Fryette package. So a teaser IR would definitely be appreciated.

Just saw that you made the teaser pack available once again. Did you include an IR of the Fryette as well? Already have the "old" teaser box and am considering getting the full Fryette package. So a teaser IR would definitely be appreciated.
This is still the old teaser box without the Fryette and with the old processing. But we will update it till the beginning of the next week.
I will include a Fryette-IR. Still don't know which, because the rate of fantastic Irs is damn high. I have never had a cab before , where all of the speakers are so well balanced. This cab has become my "To-go" pack, along with the Wolverine.

Just let me tell you :I bought RW,OH,ML cabs all of them..I have them all. Recently I discovered Valhallir.at IRs Collection !! Big pleasant surprise ! now I have time to practice and play with my group. The search is over for me..I was flooded with this mega oversized infos about Cabs Irs from a lot of companies...I just spent too many hours listen to so many IRs trough my CabLab... Now I just have my Valhallir colection and is good to all my sounds and presets...I'm really happy now !

Is this going to be added to your Ultimate Edition?
It won't be added to the Ultimate Editition, because we have shot a big bunch of cabs a few weeks ago that will be added to the Valhallir.at product range. We are talking about 12 new cab packs, that will appear within the next months! I'm sure, we will do an "Ultimate II" package,
but that will happen around summer/fall 2017.

It won't be added to the Ultimate Editition, because we have shot a big bunch of cabs a few weeks ago that will be added to the Valhallir.at product range. We are talking about 12 new cab packs, that will appear within the next months! I'm sure, we will do an "Ultimate II" package,
but that will happen around summer/fall 2017.
Thanks for your reply. I will definately purchase the next Ultimate pack as well.

Hi,
a friend of mine has a vht cab with p50 as well! It's a very good sounding cab fo sho, but I am wondering, what mics did you use and what was your experience with those mics and the p50 speakers?
also, didn't you guys offer a diezel 4x12 with k100s a while back?

keep up the good work!
chris

IMG_2352.JPG These are the mics we were using for the Fryette (and MOST of our cabinets).
The P50E is a very special speaker IMHO. It's not really comparable with a V30, the upper mids don't bite that much, but they are more "meaty" ;-) I would say, they sound more like Black Shadows, that can be found in older Mesa cabs.
The reason, why the 4x12 Diezel, loaded with K-100 isn't anymore in our product range, is, that it never was. At the time, we shot it, we were not allowed to open the cab for inside pics. But the measured data made us contact the support from Diezel, and they approved, that the speakers were V30. (I was already thinking that, when testing the IRs, but you never know....)
But we have a wonderful oversized 2x12 DZL, which is loaded with the K100, and IMHO this cab is constructed way better than the 4x12 cab.

Hi,
thanx for your answer!
If I recall correctly the VHT cab sounded pretty scooped, so the md421 f.ex. never got us in the ball park... that's why I was asking regarding mics and your experience.
Thats was quite a long time ago though so I am not a 100% if my grey cells provide proper info...
anyway, looking forward to try this ir.
Diezelwise:Oh, that explains the disappearance of course... I like the 4x12 with k100s as well tho, whatever floats your boat I guess. ...

Last edited:
The Fryette is not scooped at all. I hate scooped mids. For the Fryette Cab we did not use an MD421, but RNR1, Neuman U87ai, se VR1, AKG D-202, Shure Unidyne - additional to the "usual suspects"

I have been begging for a Fryette Cab IR for many years. How many cabs come in your packs? Would I need to convert them or do them come in an Ax Friendly file format already? Is this the Fatboy or Deleverance cab?

a) It's a Fatboy, loaded with P50Es from Eminence(TM)
b) The file formats we deliever are also "axe-friendly", you can convert them via axe-edit and the "browser". (Use the 24 bit 48 khz, 170 ms-files)
c) The cab has been shot with 10 different mikes (also using the IMHO best ribbon mic available atm - the sE Rupert Neve Design RNR1(TM)

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom