Frustrated setting up FC-12 with FC-6 and expression pedals

henryrobinett

Fractal Fanatic
OK, I've been trying to not to bother y'all with my stupid questions, but maybe the manual hasn't been updated or more likely I'm just missing something.

Currently I haven't been able to get two expression pedals to work. Long ago I set up volume globally for pedal 1 with an EV-1. That's all I've used since I upgraded to Axe Fx III and FC-12. But now I added FC-6 and decided to add a few more pedals. Big mistake. LOL.

I calibrated them, or at least the 2nd one. I don't remember whether I did the 3rd. Setting up wah for pedal 2 it only worked briefly on ext 2 and not FC-2, which I think it should. And I can't get them to calibrte again, so I'm doing something wrong.

The manual says to go to the remote page of FC Controllers under SETUP. Hm. On the front panel of Axe Fx III I don't see that page at all. Setup > FC Controllers > and I see three pages: CS Midi/Config/Reset. Am I looking in the wrong place? If I go to Midi/Remote that's where I set up my external controls, which I have done for FC pedals 1-2 under external. Is that right? Then there's OTHER page where I set up my global volume pedal.

As to my other qestion regarding hooking both FC-12 and FC-6 together. I suppose I have to manually set the layouts up? There isn't a layot that automatically configures both? Right now I have FC-12 doing layout 7 and FC-6 doing a modified scenes. But I have to do the the FC-6 manually unless I don't change anytihng. I have it starting up layouts 7 and 2 but I guess I was hoping that the FC6 would just follow the prearranged layout.

Hopefully if someone is kind enough to throw me a bone I'll have it figured out by then. Both FC are 1.11. Axe FX III is 15.01.

Additional question of terminology which might lead to a solution, or not: Why do we have:
FC-1 pedal 1
FC-1 pedal 2
FC-1 pedal 3
FC-1 pedal 4

Why are they redundant? It seems to me, and this probably leads to my misunderstanding, that only one pedal is assigned to out pedal output. There are four FC pedals, 1-4. So is the idea to have mltiple pedals assigned to the same for confusion purposes? Or what else am I not understanding?

Thanks.

Additional question of terminology which might lead to a solution, or not: Why do we have:
FC-1 pedal 1
FC-1 pedal 2
FC-1 pedal 3
FC-1 pedal 4
Because you can have 4 more pedals assigned to the second (and 3rd or 4th) FC. Not redundant.

No, FC-1 Pedal 2 would be the 2nd pedal input on the 1st FC unit you have connected. You can daisy chain up to 4 separate FC units. FC-1 is the 1st FC unit, FC-2 is the 2nd, FC-3 is the 3rd, and FC-4 is the 4th. Each of those units has inputs for 4 expression pedals so you can have 16 expression pedals total. The first pedal input on your FC-6 would be FC-2 Pedal 1 since your FC-6 is the 2nd FC unit in the chain.

GOT IT! Patzag cleared it upn for me. Whew. I had it backwards. 1,000 thanks Patzag and mr Fender and everybody. I knew I was trned around somewhere.

Wow. I rebooted Axe Fx III and now I found REMOTE under setup/FC Controllers.
It was there all along. :) You were paged over all the way to the right. If you'd have hit Page Left a few times, you would have found it.

Back
Top Bottom