Frustrated Screechy tone

Gday Bill,

Don't fret - you'll work this out.
Firstly, make sure the speakers sound good - As you probably know, your speakers have EQ and crossover presets that can really screw with the sound. See if you can plug a cd player, phone, whatever, and play some music through them to make sure they sound good. Alternatively, see which preset they are set to, and make sure they are both set the same.

Thanks
Pauly

Hi al.. I'm a newbie. I just received a unit and was so excited. I plugged it into my QSC 8.2 FRFR and was completely disappointed. As we all know its most likely user error. I then tried to plug into my effects return on my mesa boogie mk1 and even worse. I reset parameters per Customer Support but this thing screech and is so brittle. First has anyone had this and found a solution? I looked at the video Why does my tone suck by Leon. Did all the tweaks and still. I need some help folks. I really want this to work. It was a huge decision financially to treat myself to something nice. I am wonder if its the QSC Speaker. Any help would be appreciated.

I have not tried the QSC 8.2, but I have tried the QSC K12.2 and they sounded good. Dweezil Zappa uses QSC and sounds great. Your speaker should be fine unless you set the DSP on the back to a bad choice.

I'd try out all the different DSP presets on the back of the QSC and find the one that sounds the best.
I'd also try the Axe FXIII through a good pair of headphones and see how that sounds to you.

Lots of them: Metallica, Def Leppard, Doobie Brothers, Fleetwood Mac, King Crimson, Taylor Swift, etc.

Lots of bands that don't play well too: The Fart Knockers, Jimmy and the H-Street Basement Band, those guys who played the Jr. High talent show, those kids on YouTube whose dad works for an investment bank, etc.

I think the kids of the investment banker probably have a Fractal...

I agree with the make a phone recording and post that. Then everyone hear will have a better idea what you’re describing and can help diagnose what is going on.

Even a video just pointed at the speaker would help.

First step , as others mentioned try plugging in headphones.
does it still sound the same , screechy?
if not then its more likely in the monitor.

Hi,

First of all congratulations on your purchase. This is a great community and there are many knowledgeable people here to help you out.
Can we start at the obvious and work our way in? Would you mind telling us how you have everything connected? Guitar to which input, Axe to
which output? Then we can sort it out with the internal or virtual wiring. Thank you.

Hi,

First of all congratulations on your purchase. This is a great community and there are many knowledgeable people here to help you out.
Can we start at the obvious and work our way in? Would you mind telling us how you have everything connected? Guitar to which input, Axe to
which output? Then we can sort it out with the internal or virtual wiring. Thank you.
Guitar is connected to back of FM3. Output to FRFR Speaker. XLR cables.

Guitar is connected to back of FM3. Output to FRFR Speaker. XLR cables.
Thank you for the response. We can help you, but since you have a FM3, this thread may be moved to that subforum, just letting you know.
I would have to suggest as well that you provide a recording if you can. You can download something like Audacity for free. Connect the FM3 to your
computer via USB and select it as the input in Audacity. Then you can post it somewhere and provide us a link to the sound sample. "Screechy" is somewhat subjective, so it would be good if we can hear exactly what you are hearing in as close of the same way as you are hearing it.
Once again, this is a great problem solving community.

One way to test if it’s the speaker is to run regular music through it. If you run it at a low level you can get your ear up close to it and listen to the HF driver and the LF driver relatively easily. Could be your LF driver is going out

Back
Top Bottom