Frusted, confused and upset (Axe-Edit problems)

Morbid

Inspired
I'll try to make this brief.
As of this week (thanks to this forum and fellow forumer RonKendzior)I'm now a proud owner of an Axe-fx II.
I immediately downloaded all of the necessary PC files (all direct from the fractal site), updated the Firmware to 10.10 via Fractal Bot, and went to work! Everything went smooth as pie.
Not being pleased with any of the preloaded presets, I opened up Axe-edit (1.9)and began programming my own patch, creating the patch file on my computer hard drive (with the intention of copying it to the Axe later)and 'auditioning' it through the Axe plugged into my cabinet via the Matrix GT1000FX. About 3.5 hours later, I had finally managed to program a patch that I really liked and was happy with. As with all of my 'projects', I clicked the 'save' button about 100 times. I finally clicked it one last time, and closed the program to take a break. Come back later...all of the settings are gone. The patch is there, the amp and cab are in the grid, but the settings are BLANK. I search high and low, EVERYWHERE trying to find the version of my patch they must SURELY have my almost 4 hours of hard work, and it is NOWHERE.

I turn everything off for a few hours out of frustration and heartbreak, and I come back again to try and find out what went wrong.
Turns out, no matter HOW I decide to save said patch file, it won't save right. Period, end of story, it just won't. NOW, even trying to mess with what little settings remain, I get no sound out of the patch. Any other patch is fine, but the one I was working on is not.

So tell me, am I cursed? or is there a problem with the program?

Axe-Edit 1.9 is (mostly) not compatible with FW 10.10, even if some user report that it works for them. Stick to the front panel until the overhauled version of Axe-Edit gets released ... which might take a while.

Are you recalling the preset through AE or the Axe FX? Shut down AE and recall the preset from the front panel and see if the preset sounds right. When you save from AE, it saves directly to the Axe

Sucks to hear, but the problems with axe-edit are long and many. Short answer is learn how to use the front panel till a new version comes out... hopefully soon. I really wish they would release an axe-edit that just refused to work with higher firmwares until this is done.

Axe-Edit 1.9 is (mostly) not compatible with FW 10.10, even if some user report that it works for them. Stick to the front panel until the overhauled version of Axe-Edit gets released ... which might take a while.
Lovely. Was really looking forward to having the Axe-edit for the ease of it. Suddenly I'm wishing I hadn't upgraded the firmware yet.

Are you recalling the preset through AE or the Axe FX? Shut down AE and recall the preset from the front panel and see if the preset sounds right. When you save from AE, it saves directly to the Axe
I tried it that way too...no go. The patch is gone and there's nothing I can do about it but start over.

Sucks to hear, but the problems with axe-edit are long and many. Short answer is learn how to use the front panel till a new version comes out... hopefully soon. I really wish they would release an axe-edit that just refused to work with higher firmwares until this is done.
Again...lovely. I guess there just isn't a damn thing I can do aside from that until they come out with a new one. Sure hope it's better. ugh

Thanks for the replies folks.

I use axe edit with some....**@??good results-There is a learning curve thou. Always save any work done using the front panel. I don't trust the save function in the editor. Save to a preset that you don't like and then you can swap them into order as needed. Your hrs of work was not done in vain even if you lost your preset-those hrs will pay off as you learn more about creating presets and the sounds you like. Pretty soon you will be able to dial it in with a few block adjustments-you will learn what knobs will give you the umph that you want.

Just don't save via Axe Edit. I've had a decent amount of success creating patches using AE, but once I find something I'm happy with, I save it using the front panel.

That is what I have been doing but my Axe freezes like a mofo when connected to computer via USB. By all reports caused by corrupt preset. I love the Axe but never had corrupted anything with other modelers. Royal PIA.

New version reportedly will fix all the issues. . . . . .soon. . . .lol

Always use Front Panel Store, then Enter.
All edits can be done from the Front Panel, and learning it you will learn the whereabouts of all the parameters, which can be quite useful to know if you start Jamming with a band, many tweaks can be necessary once you are live and loud in a mix.
Front Panel till Axe Edit is ready, (Soon, Very Soon, Imminent or otherwise...)

Axe Edit Release notes:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-edit-general-discussion/66760-axe-edit-1-9-beta-released.html

Here are the most important issues to be aware of:

1. Only the AXE-FX Source is fully supported.
- SAVE AS:Export to Preset File does not work for BANK or PRESET FOLDER sources. (No file is created on the disk.)
- When using PRESET FOLDER source, pressing SAVE will save the edited preset to your Axe-Fx instead of to your computer as expected.
- When using BANK FILE source, pressing SAVE will save to your Axe-Fx instead of saving it to the bank file as expected. This problem is thought to exist under Windows only.

If you are just trying to save a preset that you have altered or created on your Axe FXII using Axe Edit, just hit store on the Axe itself and then hit enter.

You can also save individual presets from the Axe FX to your computer using Fractal Bot.

I just want to know what Frusted is? :)

Urban Dictionary: frusted

1. Frusting

Frusting is the act of saving frust(dead skin foot particles)and storing them in a contatiner. Frusting happens when a male and female are having sex. As the male is going at it he secretly grabs a hand full of frust. At the moment of male climax he pulls out and busts a load on the females face and at the same time he whips the hand full of frust upon her gooey face. (Can also be used as frusted)

It is no secret that axe edit doesn't work properly with up to date firmwares. If you want to avoid getting "frusted" just don't use it, as simple as that. After all you don't really need it, you can do anything you want on the front panel.

i've been curious - Just seems that when a new firmware comes out everyone explodes because axe-edit isnt compatible, or is it really that the new firmware isnt compatible with Axe-edit?

Not a lot of complaints about AE doesnt Work with 10.10 - 10.06 can easily be installed for the OP to learn hi way around the AXE. - AAEN

Back
Top Bottom