Frozen axe Fx II

Gorilla

Experienced
Jammed last night everything running great. quantum v.6

Tonight I go to fire up my trusty Axe Fx II and....all lights stay on. Unit is frozen. Can't change presets, axe edit will not connect. tried holding the recall button on restart. Still nothing, complete silence..

help anyone, Thanks

Contact support. And it might help if you posted the model (II, XL+, etc.) But this smells like a power supply.

XL and XL+: hold down left and right buttons while booting and reinstall FW boot recovery (sure hope you backed up recently)

May not help, but did you try powering on with no MFC (or other midi) or USB devices connected?
No USB connected and no MFC. Thanks for reply
Contact support. And it might help if you posted the model (II, XL+, etc.) But this smells like a power supply.

XL and XL+: hold down left and right buttons while booting and reinstall FW boot recovery (sure hope you backed up recently)
lol post says frozen AXE FX II...it's backed up. It did let me use a preset, once. Then just froze up again. I turn it "on" and all lights stay "on". Just started this out of the blue, been running perfect before this.

Is it a Axe-FX II MK1/MK2? They are all called 'Axe-FX II' but if an XL or XL+ model you can try using the in-built recovery boot rom function as electronpirate suggests.

Unlikely to be the case seeing as Axe-Edit can't connect, but can Fractal-Bot 'see' the unit? If by chance it can you could try backing up your preset banks and then re-installing the FW. If you've a current backup of presets already then maybe just try going straight for the FW install.

It sounds like something's got corrupted at boot level and if you've a MK1 or MK2 the Recovery Boot Rom will need to be got from FAS support or G66 support or whatever distribution company is correct for your location (Planet Urrffh?)

So best if you just contact support and let them walk you through some tests first I think.

Is it a Axe-FX II MK1/MK2? They are all called 'Axe-FX II' but if an XL or XL+ model you can try using the in-built recovery boot rom function as electronpirate suggests.

Unlikely to be the case seeing as Axe-Edit can't connect, but can Fractal-Bot 'see' the unit? If by chance it can you could try backing up your preset banks and then re-installing the FW. If you've a current backup of presets already then maybe just try going straight for the FW install.

It sounds like something's got corrupted at boot level and if you've a MK1 or MK2 the Recovery Boot Rom will need to be got from FAS support or G66 support or whatever distribution company is correct for your location (Planet Urrffh?)

So best if you just contact support and let them walk you through some tests first I think.
Axe Fx II mk1 I'll contact support

Sometimes stuck knobs and wheels cause malfunction. Turn every wheel press every button, if anything feels odd, then you've found it.

ok! Thanks for all replies guys! I'll try these tips when I get back home. This unit has been reliable from day one. My bud did lean his guitar against my rack the other night, maybe it leaned on a knob (HOPEFULLY ITS JUST THAT!!!)

Thanks again for all replies much appreciated.

I had the exact same problem a few months ago. it WAS the power supply. I might start working again for a period of time, but the error came back from time to time. Fractal sent me a new one after i contacted the support. Took me a few minutes to install the new one, and she was back to her usual awesome self, and I toured with it for 14 days straight there after and worked like a charm.

Edit: Mine's an XL though.

Had similar problem when I loaded FW 5.03 : my AxeFX II xl froze 5 times during a concert. It stays stucked on the same program, no sound, no possible control (but no lights staying on) . Besides the input gtr, the amps audio outputs, only expression pedal was plugged and a Softstep midi pedal (no USB). Everything went back ok after loading FW6.0 public beta where Cliff says "fixed bug that could possibly cause crashes/lockups". But you have FW6 already ; = (

Thanks for replies, it seems to have fixed itself. I'm just waiting for it to do this again. Hopefully NOT at the wrong time.

I had the same problem a month ago and it was the recovery boot ROM , talk to Matt in service good guy, very knowledgeable, quick to respond.

Back
Top Bottom