Front + Rear Input switch on preset change

Flootsch

Hi!

On special occasions I am using my electric guitar on the front input for a bunch of songs.
And then I switch to playing a stage piano plugged into both rear inputs for other songs.

Is there any way to set which input to use in the presets rather than in the global hardware menus, that can only be accessed by the front panel of the Axe itself?

Would make switching between guitar and piano much easier in a live setting.

I know about the trick to use front input as left and rear input as right and use the balance.
But this doesn't work in my situation as the piano needs to be stereo.

Thanks in advance

That type of Input 1 selection isn't possible. If you aren't using Input 2 you could connect the piano to that instead, using FX Loop as needed to get piano signal into grid.

That type of Input 1 selection isn't possible. If you aren't using Input 2 you could connect the piano to that instead, using FX Loop as needed to get piano signal into grid.
Thanks for the answer.
Input 2 is free BUT:

I am using the FX Loop block to use the XLR outputs already, so the piano sound doesn't go into the guitar amp.
So I have to have it at the end of my signal chain and can't use it as a second input..:(

Or is there anyway to "split" the input and output of the FX Loop block?

What sound do you need at Output 2?

If piano, you can route signal from In 2 to Out 2 by using the feedback send/return blocks. RTN-FXL-SND (Set SND send level and RTN mix to 100%.)

What sound do you need at Output 2?

If piano, you can route signal from In 2 to Out 2 by using the feedback send/return blocks. RTN-FXL-SND (Set SND send level and RTN mix to 100%.)

Yes - piano should go from input 2 to output 2 with effects like delay, reverb and so on in between.
Guitar on front input 1 and piano will never be played simoultaneslouy - but there will be switches during songs.

So if I understood you correctly the Send and Return blocks should be able to do this?

On the first try this didn't work :( (see attached file).
But maybe I am doing something wrong here.IMG-20180120-WA0002.jpg

FX Loop block (FXL) is needed to get signal from/to input/output 2.

Replace FB Send with FXL in that example, then put FB Send in column 11 and connect FXL to FB Send.

FX Loop block (FXL) is needed to get signal from/to input/output 2.

Replace FB Send with FXL in that example, then put FB Send in column 11 and connect FXL to FB Send.
Yes I just figured this out myself.
Works like a charm.

Many thanks for your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom