Front of my Ultra is getting weird collors

Merlin

Experienced
My front is getting weird collors :shock: Is there a way to get it black again?
I thougt i asked first before i make it worse..

IMG_4383.jpg

Sorry fo my bad english guys ,,, No it is there for a couple of weaks allready, i was wondering if there
is anyway of getting it off ..

FractalAudio said:
If you bought if from G66 contact them and they will replace it.

:shock: what a service, thanks very much :cool: But i am more than willing to try to get it off if thats even possible, just don,t know wich stuff to use, and was asking to be sure not to harm the Axe..

You can't get it off. The anodizing is discoloring. This is the third or fourth unit to which this has happened. Analysis shows that the temperature in the anodizing bath was incorrect.

Or you can leave it like that and maybe it will be worth more as a collector's item someday. :mrgreen:

This happened to one of my Furman PL-Tuner(s) as well, I still have in my Ultra-Racks - although there is no need for a rack tuner any more:

Discolored anodizing of Furman PL-Tuner #1:
IMG_0543-640.jpg

Black anodizing of of Furman PL-Tuner #2:
IMG_0540-640.jpg

Looks really awful :lol:

mister.friendly said:
This happened to one of my Furman PL-Tuner(s) as well, I still have in my Ultra-Racks - although there is no need for a rack tuner any more:

I think it looks cool. It's very "steampunk".

FractalAudio said:
If you bought if from G66 contact them and they will replace it.

Just another reason I love this company. What other company admits a problem unless the government forces a recall?

Sidivan said:
mister.friendly said:

I think it looks cool. It's very "steampunk".
:cool:

I must say Cliff and G66 are amazing... i allready have a email from G66 that they are taking care of pickup/replacement.
The guys even answer mail on a saturday night ... A big thanks for the amazing customerservice... :)

Back
Top Bottom