From the Quad Cortex waiting list to a Fractal FX 3 owner

Welcome! Like everyone said, checkout Leon's videos. So many gems in there and most importantly, just use it and have fun!

I was in the same boat and jumped on board with the AxeFX III. I haven't put the guitar down since I got the AxeFX on Saturday! I'm still optimistic about the QC but glad I bought into a mature product for my immediate needs.

Biggest downside to going for the AxeFX is wanting to buy more Fractal products (an FC foot controller, an expression pedal, and an FM3) 🤦‍♂️

Welcome Chris - you made a wise choice.

When you consider you never need to buy another pedal or amp again for many years, the AF3 is actually a savings in the long run.

Plus, you get to sample classic and unicorn amps you might never come within miles of touching in person.

In addition to Leon Todd on YT, and Yek's Amp and Drive guides, I also recommend the @RoshRoslin series of introductory AFX3 videos on YouTube.

That @RoshRoslin video was just what I needed thanks for sharing!

Welcome @vettahead! I used the Axsys 212 for a long time! Actually loved that amp and it was tough - it fell down a flight of stairs and didn’t even blink! That being said - the III is an amazing (and my favorite) piece of gear ever

I had the same revelation about 3 years ago. I precisely blame several users here who supplied regular live clips (cough....Bishop!).

I also thank them very much for the encouragement! :)

Enjoy the new box! It's amazing! I sold off my amps back in the fall because of how great it is!

I was in the same boat and jumped on board with the AxeFX III. I haven't put the guitar down since I got the AxeFX on Saturday! I'm still optimistic about the QC but glad I bought into a mature product for my immediate needs.

Biggest downside to going for the AxeFX is wanting to buy more Fractal products (an FC foot controller, an expression pedal, and an FM3) 🤦‍♂️

That @RoshRoslin video was just what I needed thanks for sharing!
You're welcome. Hope it helps :)

Welcome!

The resources to help acquaint you with your new unit that were mentioned earlier in this thread are worth their weight in gold. I found Cooper Carter's (paid) course to be especially helpful. A proper orientation for sure. No affiliation, just grateful for his efforts. IMO it was money well spent.

Enjoy...

Hi Vettahead,
Welcome aboard - There are very few questions or issues you may have that can’t be answered or solved on these forums.
Like others have suggested, reading the manual, and perhaps purchasing the austinbuddy gold preset pack (if you want a great starting point for many popular amp & speaker combinations) are good moves.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks
Pauly

Hi all! my Name is Chris and i have been a modelling advocate since the Line 6 AxSys 212 (I have looked for a modelers anonymous forum but drawn a blank). I have been waiting patiently for the quad cortex to release and reading the forums religiously, watching the to and fro from members about best types of modeler etc slowly becoming disillusioned with the quad and its promises. First thing first I have never had an axe FX unit, I always saw them as true pro level gear and beyond my reach financially (as i live in the UK). Skip though to 2 weeks ago and the QC gets delayed again, a friend of mine breaks cover and buys an AXE FX 3 and starts sending me sound clips. That put the cat amongst the pigeons and I too weakened and purchased one (due Friday) The more I read about these units on here and other paces the more I know I have made the right decision. So im just writing this to say hello and hopefully get welcomed to my new home! I'm sure I will have questions (ill search first) but I am mega exited to start this new digital journey!

Rock on fellow Fractal Heads

Chris

Hi all! my Name is Chris and i have been a modelling advocate since the Line 6 AxSys 212 (I have looked for a modelers anonymous forum but drawn a blank). I have been waiting patiently for the quad cortex to release and reading the forums religiously, watching the to and fro from members about best types of modeler etc slowly becoming disillusioned with the quad and its promises. First thing first I have never had an axe FX unit, I always saw them as true pro level gear and beyond my reach financially (as i live in the UK). Skip though to 2 weeks ago and the QC gets delayed again, a friend of mine breaks cover and buys an AXE FX 3 and starts sending me sound clips. That put the cat amongst the pigeons and I too weakened and purchased one (due Friday) The more I read about these units on here and other paces the more I know I have made the right decision. So im just writing this to say hello and hopefully get welcomed to my new home! I'm sure I will have questions (ill search first) but I am mega exited to start this new digital journey!

Rock on fellow Fractal Heads

Chris

Trust me, Chris, you made the right choice. I was open to the Quad Cortex until I found out individual presets and captures can't be saved locally, to your computer. All file transfers have to be done through the cloud(ie. Neural DSP's cloud). Personally, the Axe-Fx III is the best gear decision I've ever made, hands down.

Last edited:
well, thank you all for the kind words and advice and videos! Its just arrived and i now have to work. ugh! i cannot wait to get cracking with her!

Welcome Chris! and good choice! Fractal Audio always stands behind their product and Cliff is probably the hardest working man in the amp modeling industry, he keep giving us new update of the product to not only fixes bug but to enhance the modeling quality as well. From Quantum to Ares is really opens up the sound, the upcoming Cygnus I am sure will be a jump in sound quality again.

I am on Quad Cortex Tier 2 pre-order as well, I haven't cancel my order yet but I am on edge to doing so.
would love to know your honest thoughts in an A/B situation whne it arrives!

Back
Top Bottom