From the Quad Cortex waiting list to a Fractal FX 3 owner

vettahead

Hi all! my Name is Chris and i have been a modelling advocate since the Line 6 AxSys 212 (I have looked for a modelers anonymous forum but drawn a blank). I have been waiting patiently for the quad cortex to release and reading the forums religiously, watching the to and fro from members about best types of modeler etc slowly becoming disillusioned with the quad and its promises. First thing first I have never had an axe FX unit, I always saw them as true pro level gear and beyond my reach financially (as i live in the UK). Skip though to 2 weeks ago and the QC gets delayed again, a friend of mine breaks cover and buys an AXE FX 3 and starts sending me sound clips. That put the cat amongst the pigeons and I too weakened and purchased one (due Friday) The more I read about these units on here and other paces the more I know I have made the right decision. So im just writing this to say hello and hopefully get welcomed to my new home! I'm sure I will have questions (ill search first) but I am mega exited to start this new digital journey!

Rock on fellow Fractal Heads

Chris

Thanks everyone! after reading the Cygnus thread I'm assuming the FX3 chugs already but with the imminent update it will reach peak, elite level, almost deity like Chuggage! I for one welcome this. :D

Hi all! my Name is Chris and i have been a modelling advocate since the Line 6 AxSys 212 (I have looked for a modelers anonymous forum but drawn a blank). I have been waiting patiently for the quad cortex to release and reading the forums religiously, watching the to and fro from members about best types of modeler etc slowly becoming disillusioned with the quad and its promises. First thing first I have never had an axe FX unit, I always saw them as true pro level gear and beyond my reach financially (as i live in the UK). Skip though to 2 weeks ago and the QC gets delayed again, a friend of mine breaks cover and buys an AXE FX 3 and starts sending me sound clips. That put the cat amongst the pigeons and I too weakened and purchased one (due Friday) The more I read about these units on here and other paces the more I know I have made the right decision. So im just writing this to say hello and hopefully get welcomed to my new home! I'm sure I will have questions (ill search first) but I am mega exited to start this new digital journey!

Rock on fellow Fractal Heads

Chris
Welcome! You won’t be disappointed in the Axe III.

Also, if you hadn’t said you were from the UK, the ‘cat amongst the pigeons’ comment would have given it away. My grandmother used to say that (she immigrated to Canada from Scotland).

Welcome! You won’t be disappointed in the Axe III.

Also, if you hadn’t said you were from the UK, the ‘car amongst the pigeons’ comment would have given it away. My grandmother used to say that (she immigrated to Canada from Scotland).
That's one of my Dad's favorite ones!

Welcome to the fam!

I’ve had my III for over a year now and still find new things in it regularly that make me tingly. I don’t think I’m alone!

Welcome aboard! I've had my FX3 since July and just about find something new every time I plug in and new updates coming all the time.

your mind will be blown, Fractal seems bent on redefining 'state-of-the-art' on a daily basis...

Welcome to the club! Totally agree to watch Leon Todd videos on YouTube. Not only are they entertaining to watch, but you will learn so much about how to build tones on the unit.

Also, the manual and block guide are your best friends!

Welcome!

As others said, do check out Leon Todd's videos. He makes amazing videos, many of which only five minutes long!
Also, I highly recommend the Amplifier Models List article on the FractalAudio wiki. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links yet :)

Lastly, don't forget your IRs. When I started out, I spent way too much time messing around with different amps before realizing the cab block is probably the most important block in there!

Have fun, dude. I'm about a year into my Fractal journey and I still learn new things every day, and I'm having an absolute blast.

Welcome Chris! and good choice! Fractal Audio always stands behind their product and Cliff is probably the hardest working man in the amp modeling industry, he keep giving us new update of the product to not only fixes bug but to enhance the modeling quality as well. From Quantum to Ares is really opens up the sound, the upcoming Cygnus I am sure will be a jump in sound quality again.

I am on Quad Cortex Tier 2 pre-order as well, I haven't cancel my order yet but I am on edge to doing so.

Welcome Chris - you made a wise choice.

When you consider you never need to buy another pedal or amp again for many years, the AF3 is actually a savings in the long run.

Plus, you get to sample classic and unicorn amps you might never come within miles of touching in person.

In addition to Leon Todd on YT, and Yek's Amp and Drive guides, I also recommend the @RoshRoslin series of introductory AFX3 videos on YouTube.

Back
Top Bottom