From MK1 to MKII TURBO, but now what?

the turbo can add more blocks to a preset, save over 1000 presets, and use FullRes IRs in slots 3 and 4 of the cab blocks, IRs are at the end of the Legacy list.
Thank you Chris, I will check out the FullRes IRs today. I couldnt find them your advice is very helpful 👍

Cheers 🍻

Thank you Chris, I will check out the FullRes IRs today. I couldnt find them your advice is very helpful 👍

Cheers 🍻
Full Red IR‘s are at the End of the Legacy Cabs. But you don’t need a Turbo for that the MKII can do Full Res IR‘s as well. You can also save more presets with the MKII. The Turbo has 25% more CPU than the MKII, so you can ad more Blocks to a preset without reaching the CPU Limit.

the turbo can add more blocks to a preset, save over 1000 presets, and use FullRes IRs in slots 3 and 4 of the cab blocks, IRs are at the end of the Legacy list.
You just answered a mystery I had...I couldn't understand why I could see the IR's sometimes and not others when I pulled down the dropbox. Position 3 & 4, huh, who knew...well you did!

I will wait for Axe 4 but I have no real idea other than a different interface (touch screen maybe ) what that would actually do more of in practice. Higher res ? not sure you would hear it. More ins and outs ? I don't use all of these and I never get near max CPU and I definitely don't need more IRs or patches. I would like a FRFR system from fractal with some kind of 'control' reference method and specific software support to finanly make FR FR better than the total crapshoot it is now.

I will wait for Axe 4 but I have no real idea other than a different interface (touch screen maybe ) what that would actually do more of in practice. Higher res ? not sure you would hear it. More ins and outs ? I don't use all of these and I never get near max CPU and I definitely don't need more IRs or patches. I would like a FRFR system from fractal with some kind of 'control' reference method and specific software support to finanly make FR FR better than the total crapshoot it is now.
I want the same system, but double the cpu so I can run 4amps, multiple synths, 4 pitch blocks. Basically future proof and ideal for a full band setup.

Hey there, double tracking? Would you elaborate on that one, I have a clue, but have no real idea that means .

Of course. Many rhythm parts sound great being played by two (or more) different guitars. It sounds much better if the guitars/tracks do not sound exactly the same. In the studio, one guitarist can play the same part one or more times very closley, but not exactly. In a live situation, a band can use two guitarists playing the same part.

To simulate this, I bring the dry signal into the Axe, and then split it into two paths. Call them Gtr 1 and Gtr 2. The first block for Gtr 1 is an IR player to transform it to a different sounding guitar. I use one of 3Sigmas tone matching IRs, normally, or one of my own. Gtr 2 normally does not get "transformed". From there, Gtr 1 and Gtr 2 all get their own amps, cabs, effects, etc. I will even send each guitar path to its own set of outboard effects and or delay one or the other a few ms. The idea is to have them sound fairly different as if they are being played by two guitars/guitarists. I could maybe use a "humanizing" block while doing this. Lol.

Anyway, it works for me and I especially love this with an acoustic setup. Sometimes, one will be a 12 string Taylor and the other and 6 string Martin. That really kicks ass, Imo.

As you can imagine, this setup gets cpu heavy, so I difinitely need a Turbo and then some. That's why I still use outboard pedals to help supplement and why I use a Turbo for both the studio and for live. (Yup, I lug an Axe Fx III around in a 5u box).

You can do super-mega-extra preset like this one ;)

View attachment 112378
I love how that cluster of effects is not even connected to the main signal path
Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

Last edited:
Of course. Many rhythm parts sound great being played by two (or more) different guitars. It sounds much better if the guitars/tracks do not sound exactly the same. In the studio, one guitarist can play the same part one or more times very closley, but not exactly. In a live situation, a band can use two guitarists playing the same part.

To simulate this, I bring the dry signal into the Axe, and then split it into two paths. Call them Gtr 1 and Gtr 2. The first block for Gtr 1 is an IR player to transform it to a different sounding guitar. I use one of 3Sigmas tone matching IRs, normally, or one of my own. Gtr 2 normally does not get "transformed". From there, Gtr 1 and Gtr 2 all get their own amps, cabs, effects, etc. I will even send each guitar path to its own set of outboard effects and or delay one or the other a few ms. The idea is to have them sound fairly different as if they are being played by two guitars/guitarists. I could maybe use a "humanizing" block while doing this. Lol.

Anyway, it works for me and I especially love this with an acoustic setup. Sometimes, one will be a 12 string Taylor and the other and 6 string Martin. That really kicks ass, Imo.

As you can imagine, this setup gets cpu heavy, so I difinitely need a Turbo and then some. That's why I still use outboard pedals to help supplement and why I use a Turbo for both the studio and for live. (Yup, I lug an Axe Fx III around in a 5u box).
That is really great wow, would have never thought of something like that to create ... Your explanation is very inspiring to try.

Cheers 🍻

If I had one more touch screen in my life I'd start breaking stuff! I watched a friend of mine break his screen by pushing so hard out of anger to get his iPhone to respond one time!
Might be worth it for FM3 & 9 for people who play out...until someone swipes their hand across it.

We need more! I need more! lol
^^ that’s not me.
What else do we need? But I know some of us have more ‘needs’.
Us guitar players never had it so good as we do now. Back in the good ol days we had a one sound amp and a few pedals, and we liked it.

Good God! WTF... I’m hallucinating.. or maybe it’s vertigo
Its fake AF, but it does replicate howmany blocks you can drop in and still be in the save zone of the CPU limits

I really am very pleased with the upgrade and yes! it is worth it.

Cheers 🍻

I just discovered that I got a really badass preset placed on the number 666
I just had to renamed it to "The beast"

More and more I'm finding interesting new opportunities with the MKII

Cheers 🍻

Back
Top Bottom